Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:18 pm 
Rabbit

hey tropher man, if i had my own place to stay i would say come up here and board in vt. i know we don't know each other very much at all, but one vegan to another, you know. Well the best to you. hope everything works out awsome. if you do end up in vt letme know asap i will take care of ya.

danny

oh also you can save money on oil changes by doing it your self. wicked easy... let me know if you want info on how to do it. its wicked easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:32 pm 
Gorilla

madcat wrote:
Awesome!!! I know how you can make money… just rent out that wash board of yours to a cleaning company.

ahahaha oh man. that made me laugh out loud. I cant stop giggling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:36 pm 
Gorilla

East Coast Devil wrote:
hey tropher man, if i had my own place to stay i would say come up here and board in vt. i know we don't know each other very much at all, but one vegan to another, you know. Well the best to you. hope everything works out awsome. if you do end up in vt letme know asap i will take care of ya.

danny

oh also you can save money on oil changes by doing it your self. wicked easy... let me know if you want info on how to do it. its wicked easy.

thanks danny. I have met vegans from all over the world and have stayed with them, so I dont mind meeting new ppl. :) Im very comfortable around people I dont know. and by the end of the day I talk as if we've known each other for years. lol.

thanks so much for the offer. I might take ya up on it in the future, as I want to make my way to vermont sometime to snowboard. so perhaps for a couple week vacation, I could stay with you. but first thing is first. I am driving to Oregon and training/living there for a while.

yeh I already know how to chance my own oil. and I just put new rotors and brakes on the car myself. Im not a car jock but I know the basics. ;)
I do need the oil changed and the filter, and a new air filter but i dont have time or money. I might just go to a quick lube place and get them to do the oil stuff (so they can expose of the old oil...i have no where to bring it to, and i wont just dump it in the woods). the air filter I can do myself...I just have to find money to buy a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:40 pm 
Gorilla

update:

the car needs the transmission tightened as it "kicks" but I dont have money for it, plus it drives fine, just bucks every now and then. I think I can make it 3,000 miles and be alright.
the car also needs a new air filter, and an oil change.

I pawned off my computer, digital camera and a bunch of other stuff. I got literally next to nothing for any of it, but I had no other way to make the money. I have no time to sit and wait for someone to be interested in buying. I also sold my bass to the music store.

It felt great to get rid of most of my stuff. I feel so much lighter. like the weight of the world is slowly coming up off my shoulders.

I know have $150.00 for my trip so far. $350.00 I still need.
Im so stoked about this trip. yous have no idea. I am running around like a lil kid trying to pack up and gather money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:53 pm 
Rabbit

man since i have no job i should just pack up sell my cars and go with you.

but not that easy on my part. plus i'm not as good at snowboarding as i used to. although the other day i was considering not getting a job again untill after winter and send all my time up on th slopes.

hey maybe you can start a "Trip For Tropher Fund" got pay pal? Maybe some people can help you out with a few extra bucks! i know i would

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:10 pm 
Gorilla

I had paypal til some virus was sent to it and deleted my accounts money. luckily I only had liike $8.00 in it.
paypal sent some email to me apologized but my account had been virused/breached or something. I was like fuck this, and deleted my account and stuff. and had to pay $2.00 to my bank account cause it had taken out extra money. and I will never put my bank account online again. fuck ebay.

youre more than welcome to come on the road with me. :) help chip in for gas, and I'll come pick ya up in vermont. and then off to oregon we go.
Im a snowboard instructor. if you want to brush up on your skills I'll teach ya for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hey "little" brother,

I guess I should say "younger", we're probably about the same size :wink:

I sent you a package today, it should help get you a few hundred miles. It's not much, but some help.

I am having problems with paypall right now. I changed my password and now they won't let me transfer money to my bank account unless I call from a landline, I just have a cell and been so busy lately I haven't done it yet. It's all the money to donate to animals and school, so I guess it's good that it is stuck there for now so it won't go anywhere and when I get back I can donate it.

I'm off to Portland tonight and Canada tomorrow.

Best of luck Topher and like I said, I know people all over the country so let me know which state you are in day to day and I may have a friend who lives there and could take you in, give you some food and some snacks or change for the road.

Best of luck on your journey. Your package should arrive Saturday or Monday, so if you're still around it'll get to ya.

Take care brother,

-Thin Thin Road Trip Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:29 pm 
Gorilla

goodluck in canada promoting the movie :)

thanks so much Robert. Any lil bit of money will help me. a few hundred miles is great! youre a 8) bigger brother.

I will call you everyday from the road and let you know my progress and which States I'm in, etc.

it looks like I might be able to put a new floor down over the weekend for my mom and get $100 from her for my labor. and get $200 from a friend who owes me about $600 (but if he can put front $200 out fo the 600 he owes, I will call us even.)

so I might have enough money to squeek by (around $500.00). I am gonna try to wait til about tuesday next week before I take off.

I will keep you all updated with everything about the exact time and day im leaving.
-------------------------------------

I am almost done packing.

I really am not taking much with me. just bag of clothes, snowboards + gear, some food, my guitar, and my videocamera. It will look like a lot cause the snowboards are big. but Im travelling light and loving it.

Robert one of these snowboards+bindings is for you. Im totally gonna teach you to board. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:55 pm 
Gorilla

I am putting a floor down in the kitchen for my mom as we speak. (meal break). I have $100 for doing this.

Total gas money so far: $250.00

and only $250.00 more and an oil change to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:46 am 
Site Admin

My sister sent you a package too, I believe it went out today.

So it should arrive by Tuesday I think.

I gotta be quick, I'm up in Canada right now at Brendan Brazier's house :P

All the best my brother,

-Thin Thin Canadian Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:04 am 
Gorilla

awesome! sounds good :) have fun in canadia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:58 pm 
Gorilla

Michelle from myspace sent me $50 gas card. :D
and a goodluck written card. She is so sweet. <3

$300.00 in the pocket (gas money/tolls)

$200 to go.

This wednesday I move out (originally told family thats the date im moving out)....but havent received the $200 a friend owes me. So I most likely will have to hang around and sleep in my car til he can give me the money Friday night, then I am out first thing saturday morning. I will tell my parents that I have a place to stay and not to worry bout me. Once I drive to Oregon I will inform them about my change in plans. cause if I tell them that I am driving across the country they will worry. so once I am there, I will tell them and Im sure everything will be cool. Im almost 22 and can live my own life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Your birthday is the day after Tonya Kay's birthday. I was telling her all about you as we went on a long brisk walk along Stanley Park in Vancouver.

I have another $ donation arriving on Tuesday, should get you a good thousand miles or more. I'm putting on around 800 miles on my roundtrip to Canada and it didn't cost me too much. My car gets pretty good gas milage but even with prices high, going a steady freeway speed can get you pretty far on limited funds.

Best of luck my vegan brother!

We'll be waiting for your arrival. You will eat well, train well, rest well, and hang out and chill well. :)

-Thin Thin Kickin it with Topher Soon Him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:32 am 
Gorilla

Perhaps Tonya and I can celebrate our birthdays together? Id like to meet her. she seems rad. we could all celebrate together and do something fun (you , me , meg, tonya, whoever else)

I heard Vancouver is pretty damn nice.

<3 big brother! :D cool I look foward to the donations. You know im gonna totally pay ya back in the gym (push ya hard to make new gains :) you'll get ur moneys worth, plus I will pay ya back the $$ too. hehe)
my car gets bout 23-27mpg I estimated. Im hoping I can make it. if I can get the $500 before Friday from donations or whatever else, then im leaving. but if I have to I will stay til friday.

Im working hard and smart. this is a big step in my life. I honestly feel like someone from the video "Pumping Iron". Im moving to train and live my life. this is so great.

we shall indeed eat, train, rest, and chill awesomely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:07 pm 
Rabbit

word i would love to come but no cash on my part in my life right now. i was fired about 3 weeks ago for no reason. and i am just taking a break in my life for the first time. no skool, no work, no nothing.

wish i could come along with you and rip. plus i'm not terrible at snow boarding just can't front flip like i used too. lol :wink: