Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: stuff i dont like
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:52 pm 
Manatee

Tofu from most restaurants: I can’t believe how bad the tofu is at most restaurants, even paces that specialize in veg food. They just heat it up, to seasoning or anything. Its not even really cooked, just warmed up. I could see why people would hate tofu; if that was the only way they had tried it. It is so tasteless and squishy, like a cube of warm snot. Blah.

I also don’t like most women’s health mags. It seems like all they do is indorse hair care products and work out clothing. And the only exercise the talk about is walking, or maybe… maybe yoga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:08 pm 
Elephant

Oh, totally, I agree with the women's health mag stuff! I was ranting about that the other day. Makeup, haircare, clothes...blah! Give me fitness information, please! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:34 pm 
Elephant

As if the men's magazines were better!

They write about lifestyle products and wellness crap.
"Six-Pack in 6 weeks" :twisted:
The sort of Men's Health is directly for the trash can, one good article in about three issues, no good value for your money.

And the "hardcore bodybuilding magazines"... :roll: I used to read them but they only write all the same fairy tales about training and nutrition over and over and over and over again. The only thing that varies are the roid freaks depictured. If you can get motivation from it, fine, but don't try the workouts at home, kids, they don't work if you're human (a REAL bodybuilder would probably say you're just too wussy and not pushing hard enough!)

But Tofu - i love tofu :D
Okay, not in restaurants, but even plain. It tastes pure, not tasteless ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:28 pm 
Rabbit

only good tofu i really have had that i like would be in chinese food places. and this one hippy type small place in town called Stone Soup... Very good Vegan Clubs, and cookies and muffins and stuff! been forever since i have been there thou... a lil costly.

But even so some chinese food places have gross tofu. This place makes the best ever thou, its in Mass, and NH, they have sessime Chicken, and Orange Chicken, and a bunch of other stuff, THE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER TASTED, and all vegan 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:40 pm 
Manatee

where in Mass, i have been to worcester a few times and have some ok vegan food. I dont remember the name of the place... but i think it was their only vegan store. worcester suck..... sorry but it dose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

I hate many women's magazines. They seem to be made up of the following articles (in general):

- Ten more reasons to dump your guy
- Is your guy an asshole? Make him take the test!
- Your guy is probably an asshole
- How to find out that your guy is cheating on you
- Latest pictures of celebrities who are a bit overweight
- Ten more reasons why being a bit overweight makes you an asshole
- Letters page (made up of people asking retarded questions about their boyfriends who are all assholes)
- Recipe page - lots of recipes to make you wafer thin, and they also taste like crap
- How to make your boobs look bigger
- How often should you vomit to make yourself thinner?
- Are men all assholes? (yes they are!!! Here are the facts)
- How to get drunk and be a slut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 pm 
Elephant

The women's magazines found in the checkout at the grocery store, with the conflicting headlines.

"Have flat stomach and beach ready body by summer!"
on the very same magazine cover as... "Seven delicious fifteen-layer chocolate cake recipes, enjoy the richest chocolatey goodness every day of the week, and some for breakfast too!"

And why aren't any of these recipes in the men's magazines, anyway? Lots of men like to cook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Men's magazines are boobs, butts, boobies, cars, bikes, jugs, trucks, detailed pictures of horrific injuries, tits, guns, nipples, booze, crisps, tanks and sports. If a guy wanted to read about cookery, he'd buy a totally different magazine I imagine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:07 pm 
Gorilla

I can eat tofu when its bland.

I hate eating out though. I like to just eat as I do things. restaurants I dont like eating in, even vegan ones. but at certain times I get really pumped about eating at vegan restuarants cause theyre so rare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:03 pm 
Rabbit

Women's magazines suck.. I read Men's Fitness. I think pretty much any men's magazine articles could be read to apply to women. We have the same muscles anyway.. we just have to work them harder to get them to grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:31 pm 
Elephant

Michelle wrote:
The women's magazines found in the checkout at the grocery store, with the conflicting headlines.

"Have flat stomach and beach ready body by summer!"
on the very same magazine cover as... "Seven delicious fifteen-layer chocolate cake recipes, enjoy the richest chocolatey goodness every day of the week, and some for breakfast too!"

And why aren't any of these recipes in the men's magazines, anyway? Lots of men like to cook.

Because magazines make a larger profit off of women. So, if you teach them to get fat, you'll also be guaranteeing their future purchase of a magazine telling them how to lose fat. Hence the magazine with the conflicted headlines. Soceity has rigged it so that women lose access to what they "desire" by being overweight (things like youth, beauty, fashionable clothes, whatever). Getting a man overweight doesn't prompt future sales. Richard best describes what magazines must supply for male loyalty.

Everything is about a profit. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:19 am 
Manatee

I could see how any women’s magazine could have a market. But I get really annoyed at the ones that are “promoting” health or fitness and still have articles like “how to find yoga pants that flatter the shape of your butt” or crap like that. I often read my boyfriends men’s health when he is not looking. He gets all up set if he sees me reading them… like I’m invading on some secret society

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:22 am 
Manatee

…. One thing I don’t like about mens health mag…. Where is the hair? I want to see some chest hair!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:39 am 
Elephant

madcat wrote:
I could see how any women’s magazine could have a market. But I get really annoyed at the ones that are “promoting” health or fitness and still have articles like “how to find yoga pants that flatter the shape of your butt” or crap like that. I often read my boyfriends men’s health when he is not looking. He gets all up set if he sees me reading them… like I’m invading on some secret society

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:21 am 
Rabbit

to each their own I suppose.. but I hate hair. But then I don't read men's magazines to 'check out' the bodies anyway so I don't guess it would matter.