Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fast Food
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:06 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 309
When going out with friends it sometimes is inevitable to go to a fast food restaurant. But when entering this these fast food restaurants there are a lot of products which contain hidden animal products. For instance, at MC Donalds the french fries contain a little beef(for flavoring).
Which products at the main fastfood chains are safe?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:25 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Taco Bell is a good choice, Bean Burritos with no cheese are tasty.

Chipotle has awesome burritos, rice, black beans, guacamole!!!

Wendy's has baked potatos, unfortunately no vegan margarine. Ketchup will do in a pinch.

I mostly avoid fast food, so that's all I have.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:34 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 pm
Posts: 1869
Location: Vegan Strength Cult, German HQ
michaelhobson wrote:
I mostly avoid fast food, so that's all I have.

Sic.

I believe Subway has vegan options, too.

_________________
No one said it would be easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:26 am 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:54 pm
Posts: 778
Location: Corvallis, OR
michaelhobson wrote:
Taco Bell is a good choice, Bean Burritos with no cheese are tasty.

Chipotle has awesome burritos, rice, black beans, guacamole!!!

Wendy's has baked potatos, unfortunately no vegan margarine. Ketchup will do in a pinch.

I mostly avoid fast food, so that's all I have.

I have always wondered if Taco Bell uses lard in their beans, and have avoided them because of that....do they not?
Chipotle is the only place I go, it's yum! I love a naked burrito with beans, rice, lettuce, lots of really hot salsa, and guacamole. They're huge too.
Unfortunately the company is owned by McDonald's, and I don't really like to support McDonald's with my money.
I do think they were being sold off though, not sure....
Anyways, when in doubt, most fast food places have salads now. It can be hard to find one that doesn't have cheese, egg, or meat on the top, but usually there's at least one option, and then you just have to track down a dressing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:40 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
veggymeggy wrote:
I have always wondered if Taco Bell uses lard in their beans, and have avoided them because of that....do they not?


Taco Bell was hammered in the 80's for their unhealthy cuisine. They took the lard out almost 20 years ago. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:50 am 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:54 pm
Posts: 778
Location: Corvallis, OR
michaelhobson wrote:
veggymeggy wrote:
I have always wondered if Taco Bell uses lard in their beans, and have avoided them because of that....do they not?


Taco Bell was hammered in the 80's for their unhealthy cuisine. They took the lard out almost 20 years ago. :shock:

Ha I guess I'm behind the times!!! I just knew that 'real' Mexican food uses lard in everything, so I always wondered about Taco Bell, but not enough to actually look up the answer :P
Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:51 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1810
Location: florida
I bring a few Clif bars in my pocket and start eating those if I'm in a situation where the group I'm with wants to stop and get junk food


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:30 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 1279
Location: Houston, TX
McDonald's: fruit & walnut salad (skip the yogurt dressing)

Chik-fil-A: fruit cup

Wendy's: baked potato with broccoli (skip the butter & cheese) or salad.

When I've been to restaurants, fast food or otherwise, that don't offer enough vegan/vegetarian items or any at all on their menu, I leave feedback on the company's website later or hit [url=http:///www.planetfeedback.com]planetfeedback[/url] to make the suggestion. I think more people would go vegan, if it wasn't so difficult for them to do so and continue enjoying restaurants with their friends and families.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:34 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
veggymeggy wrote:
michaelhobson wrote:
veggymeggy wrote:
I have always wondered if Taco Bell uses lard in their beans, and have avoided them because of that....do they not?


Taco Bell was hammered in the 80's for their unhealthy cuisine. They took the lard out almost 20 years ago. :shock:

Ha I guess I'm behind the times!!! I just knew that 'real' Mexican food uses lard in everything, so I always wondered about Taco Bell, but not enough to actually look up the answer :P
Thanks!


A local chain here "Mexico Restaurant" has about 5 locations, nice places and good food. They have a full page of vegetarian options and use only vegetable oil!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:37 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
This should help:
http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.net/OtherInfo/FastFoodRest.htm#apple


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:22 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 309
SeaSiren wrote:


That helps indeed. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:34 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: poconos, pa
Taco Bell- bean burrito no cheese (watch out for the suace packets they give you, some have lactate in it, like the fire ones)

Wendy's- French Fries

I try to avoid eating at fast food places, even when my friends go. every now and then I will have french fries, but I usually try to find a gas station and buy bannanas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:20 pm 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:05 pm
Posts: 3899
Location: Austin, TX
Hero wrote:
Taco Bell- bean burrito no cheese (watch out for the suace packets they give you, some have lactate in it, like the fire ones)

Wendy's- French Fries

I try to avoid eating at fast food places, even when my friends go. every now and then I will have french fries, but I usually try to find a gas station and buy bannanas.


I'm like that, except I never eat fast food (I worked at a Wendy's for 5 years, can you blame me?), and when I was down at Wildwood over the summer I ate banana's from a Wawa while my friend's ate fast food (Topher, missing the East Coast yet? ;))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:31 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: poconos, pa
yes I totally miss Wawa. they have vegan icecream too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:58 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
Wawa has vegan ice cream? I never noticed, I'll have to see if they carry it at the one's down here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group