Thankful for....everything!

veggymeggy

I don't know exactly what the point of this post is, but I just wanted to share with you guys how happy I am with life right now and how thankful I am for everything!

I'm completely stressed out most of the time, I don't have time for anything besides work and school, I'm buried in homework and don't have time to sleep enough, work out enough, or do very many 'social' things....but I'm ok with all of that because I feel like I'm working hard on my goals, and that it'll be worth it. I'm thankful just to be here studying!

I have NO money whatsoever; I'm truly poor for the first time in my entire life. But I don't care, because my basic bills are being met, and I'm thankful for that! Plus, I'm getting used to not having money and I think I'm learning to appreciate things I never did before! It's a good lesson for me, and I think that's important.

I think moving in with Robert was the BEST decision I have made in a long time!!!! I didn't know him all that well when I first moved in, so it was a little bit of a gamble, but he's a totally awesome person. His determination, ambition, and work ethic impress me to no end, and I'm glad to be around such a good influence!

Plus, in the time I've lived here I've finally stopped half-assing it and become completely vegan, which is another of the best decisions I've ever made. I have a lot of guilt about not doing it sooner, but I am glad that now I can have a clean conscience!

AND, through Rob, I've been introduced to everyone on this board, and this is something totally new to me. I've never seen such a warm community, it doesn't even feel like it's just online, I feel like I really know everyone of you and I know I can count on you!!!!

Of course, I can't forget to mention Topher! He's just as impressive as Rob - I love that he just follows his dreams no matter what, and that gives me more inspiration to keep chasing mine. Plus, I've finally met someone that can keep up with my wild spontaneous streak! He's down for anything anytime, and I love that because it's just like me! (Even though I'm a little bit inhibited by work and school, but I've still got the attitude ) When we first found out Rob's Portland competition was cancelled and I said let's roadtrip it to California, Topher was the first one to jump on the idea! I love his enthusiasm for everything! He's one more person in my life I'm truly thankful to know Him and Rob have become my best friends!

I think that's enough rambling, you probably all get the idea. But really, does anyone else feel this way? Despite in some ways being in the toughest situation I've ever been in, I am just bursting with happiness and gratitude for the things I do have I love it!

You have a wonderful attitude toward life!

I wake up every morning and thank God for everything I have, family, friends, shelter, food, clothing, etc. I am thankful for making it through every obstacle put before me, and I am stronger for it. I am thankful to pursue a purpose and to have the ability to make an impact in Veganism and hope to influence others.

(a smile says more than thousand words... )

I know what you mean, and you're brightness shines right through the internet to me here

SeaSiren put it perfect: you have a wonderful attitude toward life!

It's true, i really love this forum and you people here. It's like coming home after the frustrating discussions with careless carnivores.

I'm glad to hear you are so happy Makes me happy in turn

I'm very short on money myself at the moment, but it's only a chance to prove what i always said to believe in: it's not money that counts, or makes you happy

I'm so much looking forward to meeting you all!

Love and peace, people, love and peace

I have been "poor" by definition at one time to the point where the heat was cut off. I learned to be frugal, which I carry with me today (my Great-Grandmother would be proud). I was still happy even then, and carry many fond memories of the "struggles". Back then I never thought I would be where I am now, but never gave up trying to better myself. I guess it is all in the way one looks at life. VM, you have such a wonderful outlook on life, you'll go far, enjoy the journey.

ya i'm poor right now. in fact, since internet is a luxury for me, i will have to cut it off for a month. so i will only be online if at a friend's place.

internet isnt the only thing i will have to cut either.

wish i was as upbeat though as you are Meg. I guess it helps one's moral to be surrounded by vegan muscle instead of meat eating trolls.

i hope things just get better and better for ya!

Hey, how did your b-day vegan gnocchi go?? You MUST post that recipe here. Mmmmnnnn...i love gnocchi.

all the best

compash

Thanks for all the kind words Megan. It has been great having you here. I know I kinda hide out in my room and work on projects when I'm not at work or at the gym, but it has been a great time so far.

It is also awesome to have Topher here as well. He and Megan are both very spontaneous while I'm a little more hesitant, hence, both trips to the beach I stayed home to work on projects, or I was at my regular workplace.

I used to think I made quite a few funny "one-liners", but I could never keep up with Topher. He has so much energy and loves to say jokes. And that makes Megan laugh all day So I cut Topher's jokes off at night so I can sleep, because there will be laughter and joke telling all night if I don't

Megan works very hard too, we're hardly ever home at the same time and see each other only a short time each day. I think we all influence and inspire each other in different ways. We make a pretty good team.

I'm glad Megan got on this forum and she's been able to meet some people in person first hand to realize that the members are just as cool in person.

I hope to meet up with many of you at the Vegan Fitness Team Vacation in summer of 2006!

Thin Thin Him