FAVORITE VEGAN PROTIEN POWDER!!!!

bobbycore

everyone, I am looking for some good vegan protien powder that tastes good and is affective. I would like something that is atleast 20g protien per serving and I do not care if it is calorie dense. (I am bulking)

ALSO USE THIS AS A POST TO SHARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR CURRENT PROTIEN.

I am currently using the last of my whey protien (i know its not vegan but I cannot just throw it out, I am not wasteful) and need to get some new stuff. I do have this stuff made by Natures Life called Super Red and is a vegetable/soy protien base.

SHARE SHARE SHARE

I'll have to go to a store and check out some names of ones I've used in the past but some of these ring a bell:

Vega (can be found on www.brendanbrazier.com and other links I can't think of)

Genisoy

Naturade

Nature's Plus

Juice Plus

Whole Foods

Planet Vegan

TwinLab (I think they make a vegan soy protein powder)

My VERY favorite was something I found in England when I was there. It was Holland & Barrett brand chocolate soy protein power and it was so so so so so good! And it was packed full of protein and other nutrients.

I've had a few good ones around here as well.

I'm not currently using a protein powder but if I go back to it soon, it might be Genisoy and then I'll check out some others.

Genisoy Soy Protein Powder.

25g Protein

25% DV of Vit. B12 (based on 2000 cal. diet, of course)

Tastes pretty good mixed with Choc. soy milk

I am going to try Genisoy out!

Any particular flavor that I should stay away from?

Genisoy Soy Protein Powder.

25g Protein

25% DV of Vit. B12 (based on 2000 cal. diet, of course)

Tastes pretty good mixed with Choc. soy milk

I am going to try Genisoy out!

Any particular flavor that I should stay away from?

I have only tried the plain.

Do you all mix the powder with fruits or do you just mix it with water. The whey I am use to taking I just mix with water....but the soy I currently have tastes like butt and cannot drink it mixed with just water.

I use OJ or choc. milk. Sometimes I mash a banana and mix it in.

I know what you mean, some protein powder does not taste very good.

If it is a chocolate flavor it is just fine to mix with cold water, with ice even better.

If it is vanilla or plain, it is really good if you blend it with orange juice, strawberries, and banana in a blender.

OR with the vanilla or plain, use it with cold water and add flavor to it, like hazelnut or some sort of flavoring syrup or something like that.

If it is a fruity flavor perhaps you could mix it with a juice with strong taste like cranberry or grape.

Chocolate is usually the best way to go in my opinion or blend it up with fruit and ice and it is really good.

Some I can hardly get down with just water.

I used to use soymilk but it was so expensive to do that and water worked fine with me, as long as it was a chocolate flavor.

Nutribiotic Rice Protein is the only thing I use. Picked up a couple of pounds this morning. The protein is extracted via an enzyme process, no harsh chemicals, and then a dried at low temps. The result is a good quality product with no bitterness. Mixes easily with water and has a very neutral taste to mix with anything else.

I usually have my rice protein in the morning. I put one whole orange, one banana, a cup of soymilk, 5 grams of creatine, 5 ice cubes and 30-50 grams of rice protein in a blender. Great breakfast that keeps me satisfied for most of the morning.

I don't use soy protein powders any more. Bobby, if you are using them for the first time, watch out for a possible soy allergy. I and many of the veganfitness.net crew have had major problems. Anything from cramping, constipation, unacceptable gas, acid reflux etc. Many people do fine with soy powder, just be aware of the possible symptoms of an allergy. It can even develop over time with heavy soy use.

Good luck!

I usually have my rice protein in the morning. I put one whole orange, one banana, a cup of soymilk, 5 grams of creatine, 5 ice cubes and 30-50 grams of rice protein in a blender. Great breakfast that keeps me satisfied for most of the morning.

I need a blender. That sounds tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah some brands aren't as good as others. I still need to go take some names down of the ones I liked. I haven't been using them much lately, just eating more but I'll try to get some brand names for you.

Take care, I'm off to the gym.