I LIKE TO BE FIRST!

veganmadre

You guys are so wonderful! Thank you so much!!!! I wish you could all be here to share in my vegan feast. I'm at my parents' house right now, and there is delicious food all over the place....I can't wait for Topher, Dave, and Robert to get here so I can dig in!

Thank you again! I am having a wonderful birthday, and it's so nice that my vegan 'family' remembered!!!

You sleep in too long, that's why

Actually I think you were the first to say it to her when you called her early in the morning while I was at work.

We had a great time up in Beaverton (near Portland) with Megan's parents, and Dave, Topher, and Kourtney who were with us as well.

Megan.....when you get back online, you need to tell them about the card that Topher and I made (I got the materials, Topher did all of the creative work and design).

Thin Thin Happy Birthday Him

Kourtney - of COURSE it was ok that you came up! Silly!

I came up the night before my birthday, went out with Dave, and ran into a group of 5 guys that I knew from middle school! We all remembered each other though I didn't recognize them all at first....wow, people change between 13 and 22! - I apparently look exactly the same though...not sure if that's good or bad? Anyway, it was a wonderful coincidence, and one of those guys managed to make it out Saturday night with us again, it was great catching up with old friends!

I had a lovely dinner Robert and my dad really hit it off! (Which took the pressure off Dave, thanks Rob )

I can't believe how much food my mom made. I'll have her email me recipes, I know Nat has been wanting to get the gnocchi recipe up! She made gnocchis with 'butter' and sage sauce, and with a red sauce, and she sauteed some kale, baked (I think?) some butternut squash, put out TONS of appetizers....it was amazing. There was food everywhere.

And my card! Card doesn't even begin to describe it! I got a giant posterboard, complete with photos of my two favorite vegans, and sporting mustaches no less! Plus stickers, the giant El Senor heart with the giant mustache...truly, I can't describe it. I'll have to take a photo

Earlier in the day Dave and I took my mom to the Hillsboro farmer's market, which is somewhere I hadn't been in YEARS. It was good, nostalgic fun for me. Unfortunately the apple cider guy wasn't there so after we dropped my mom off we just went to Whole Foods and managed to get some good cider there....but I really wanted it from the farmer....oh well I did get several pounds of fresh apples though, lots of squash, raw soybeans....I love the farmer's market! Dave wanted to kill me for dragging him out of bed so early and driving from downtown Portland to Hillsboro "just to buy apples" as he put it....but it was worth it

Unfortunately not all of my friends were able to make it out that night, but I still managed to get a few people together to go out to a club, and we stayed out late having a good time. Got back late, fell asleep, then we were up early for Dave's soccer game. I'd never been to one before and I now have a new admiration of soccer...it was awesome!

All in all, it was a good birthday I'm so glad the boys and Kourtney were able to come up. Now I just have to recover from all the fun