Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: board headache - is it me?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:02 pm 
Rabbit

Hi all,
I signed up yesterday, but I'm having great difficulty accessing the message board. More often than not I just get the blue background screen, with the above 'Home' icon and a white bar and that's it! :? :( Reloading doesn't work, and it takes endless faffing around to finally get on the message board. Not really sure how long I'll stick around if it takes so much hassle. Is it me, my browser (I use Firefox) or something to do with how the site's created? I'm totally technically challenged, so couldn't figure this out myself if I tried, so that's why I thought I'd ask. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:46 pm 
Elephant

I use firefox and have not had problems, but I think robert says people have reported them. Have you tried using internet explorer? Also what is your internet connection? Things might not be done loading if its slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

I use microsoft internet explorer and netscape, and they both work fine with the site, no loading time problems or errors. Is this the only page that there are problems with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:03 pm 
Elephant

Do you have Firefox set to allow cookies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:27 pm 
Elephant

Quote:
Not really sure how long I'll stick around if it takes so much hassle.

I have trouble occassionally, I use the browser for my DSL internet company. It generally fixes itself with time. WE'RE WORTH THE HASSLE! PROMISE! Don't leave us so quickly! :shock: :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:31 am 
Rabbit

Hiya, took about half a dozen attempts to get onto the board this time :? To answer all the questions in one go:
This is the only site (so far) I have trouble with
I have a really fast ADSL connection (maybe too fast? I dunno)
I've got Firefox to allow cookies
I don't really want to use IE because of the virus and what have ya risks. Like I said, I'm technically challenged, at least when it comes to computers, but I've been told several times by people who knw what they're doing that they don't recommend using IE, so I stick with that.
Thanks for your replies guys! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:19 am 
Elephant

i think it is something specific to your computer billy. when i was staying at yours, i had incredible difficulty accessing this site - i just kept playing with the forward and back buttons, refresh and plain reloading it.
im really not sure how you can resolve it :?

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:16 pm 
Elephant

If you don't like IE, have you tried Netscape? It's a free download - http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:20 am 
Elephant

for some reason all of a sudden, we cant access the website on megan's computer.

it works fine on both internet explorer and firefox from the OSU campus library

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 am 
Site Admin

I am a caveman. I know pretty much nothing about computers as most of you know, but "I'll look into it" :P

I know that is really reassuring 8)

I haven't been in touch with my website guy for months because he moved to a different city and I've been doing some things on my own.

I haven't had any trouble aside from Megan's computer. I used 3 different computers today to test it out and it seems all good.

Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe there is something I need to look into to get it updated or something :?:

Thin Thin Computer Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:16 am 
Elephant

I haven't had any problems, neither with Internet Explorer nor with Mozilla Firefox. The forum likes me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:06 am 
Elephant

I haven't had any problems with this site, thus far, using firefox. Some of the main site displays kind of weird, but the forum is fine. I've also had intermittent problems with some other sites.

Here's a couple fixes I can think of off the top of my head:

Check the Firefox site to see if there's a newer version than what you're currently using. It may be an issue that's been fixed.

Clear out your internet cache. (Within firefox, go to tools --> options, you'll see a button to clear the cache)

Windows disk cleanup. (Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools -->Disk Cleanup. Too many temporary files can bog down the system and keep things from displaying properly. Should do this now and then anyway, to keep Windows running optimally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:37 am 
Elephant

I was having some problems too until I deleted all the temporary internet files on my hard drive.

I'm assuming you have Windows as the platform on your computer.
Click on Start and go into Settings, then Control Panel. In your control panel folder click on Internet Options. In the General section (1st tab) you will see Temporary Internet Files. Click on delete files and delete cookies.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:27 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Michelle and Crash, that sounds really helpful, will try all that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:30 pm 
Gorilla

As Topher mentioned - out of nowhere the forum suddenly stopped loading on my computer, and it's the ONLY website that's doing it. I haven't been on in 2 days due to this! :shock: Withdrawal!
But, then today it suddenly seems ok again....I have no idea what's going on. Topher was trying some stuff out yesterday to fix it and nothing was helping, then today, it's ok. Beats me! I just hope it doesn't start being a problem again, I need my forum fix! :D