Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:05 am 
Elephant

compassionategirl wrote:
Definitely contact PCRM.ORG (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) about both the movie and the calender. I think they would be extremely interested, seeing how they are a bunch of vegan doctors and nutritionists trying to promote the healthfulness of veganism.

Are they all vegan?? If so, I didn't know that. You are a fountain of knowledge are you not Nat? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:17 am 
Elephant

Got the movie trailer this weekend! Thanks Rob!

The trailer rocks, can't wait to see the movie soon! 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:34 am 
Elephant

I think PETA works with this indie theatre here called the Naro, and they sometimes do free screenings of veg movies with discussions afterwards. A while ago they showed Peaceable Kingdom. Hopefully they will show your film too!

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:59 am 
Stegosaurus

Tarz wrote:
compassionategirl wrote:
Definitely contact PCRM.ORG (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) about both the movie and the calender. I think they would be extremely interested, seeing how they are a bunch of vegan doctors and nutritionists trying to promote the healthfulness of veganism.

Are they all vegan?? If so, I didn't know that. You are a fountain of knowledge are you not Nat? :wink:

Well, they promote veganism as the best diet to prevent disease and even cure some ailments, and I know the head honcho Dr. neal barnard is vegan-- I assume that the rest of his staff is vegan too. Otherwise, wouldnt that undermine their message?

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Cool, thanks again for the suggestions. I'll continue to take note of all of these ideas and put them to work!

Thanks for the comments from those who have seen the trailer :D

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:15 pm 
Stegosaurus

how do you "see the trailer?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:15 pm 
Elephant

I second Compassionate Girl's intelligent question: How?
:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

Daywalker wrote:
I second Compassionate Girl's intelligent question: How?
:?

Actually it just goes to show you how computer/electronics clueless I am. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think the trailer is available online (yet). Robert has sent the trailer in the post to some people, which is how they've seen it I presume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:46 pm 
Elephant

Richard wrote:
I don't think the trailer is available online (yet). Robert has sent the trailer in the post to some people, which is how they've seen it I presume.

Your presumption is correct. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hey,

Sorry, I posted it in some places, but maybe it was missed :)

I posted it a bunch of times last month when people order shirts I send out the trailer on DVD along with the shirt. It is a 3-minute trailer. The one that we'll get online soon is 1 minute but should still show a good preview of what the movie is about.

We just got the DVD trailer done about a month ago and have been working on the main film lately but the online trailer will be coming soon.

So far, just the people who ordered shirts in the last 30 days have the trailer.

I also posted a while back that if anyone wanted to get a copy of the DVD trailer to just contact me and I'd send one. Some people have done that too.

So that is how to see it.

The film should be out in less than a month!!!!!!!!! I'm heading down to Eugene to work on it today.

I hope you all like it and will ALL get a copy of the full-length film!
:D

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Nat,

I just found out I have a PCRM representative in my town of Corvallis. I met with a vegan lady for dinner a few days ago. She heard about me and saw some posters about our website and somehow even saw a movie trailer before it was online (a friend of mine gave it to her when she mentioned she was vegan). Anyway we were eating dinner and she mentioned her vegan friend in town who was part of the PCRM and I told her that you were the one who introduced me to that group a long while back.

:P

Anyway, thanks for that suggestion.

Now that I have the trailer online, some of you can help promote the film just by encouraging others to visit the main site, watch the trailer and read about the film.

Thanks!

-Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:05 pm 
Stegosaurus

cool Robert.

So then have you gotten in touch with PCRM yet about your film and calendars? Please do so as soon as possible -- I am only harrassing you about this because it is, in my opinion, in your best interest. Just lookin out for ya.

So ya, meet with the rep, see if PCRM will sponsor you, or maybe just post some of your stuff on their website, help you promote the film and site, sell the film and calenders on their website, etc. etc.

JUST CONTACT THEM ASAP -- if you dont get far with this PCRM rep let me know, and we will think of plan b. You may in that case need to contact the bigger guns at pcrm -- like the good Doctor Dr. Neal Barnard himself.