Bristol Vegan Fayre (including shoulder press results!)

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Pete
Rabbit

Bristol Vegan Fayre (including shoulder press results!)

#1 Postby Pete » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 pm

Hi all,

just wrote a quick review of our day at the Bristol Vegan Fayre. It was probably the best vegan event (from a fitness freaks view point) around at the moment, with James Southwood demonstrating Savate (a form of martial art), Gareth Zeal talking about nutrition (ex-powerlifter, nutritional coach to Manchester city football [soccer] club), posing by Robbie hazeley, talk by me & Robbie, & of course the long awaited shoulder press contest!
Here's full details of the day http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/bristol05.htm

Roll on the press-up contest at the London Christmas without cruelty fayre in December!

Cristian
Manatee

#2 Postby Cristian » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:44 pm

Hey Pete,

great pictures, looks like you guys had fun! I'm sorry I couldn't make it but as you know I had to work...
Anyways I will definitely come to the Christmas fayre, this will be my first vegan Christmas so I will probably do some serious shopping there!
Things are moving forward

Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:52 pm

Hey Pete,

Thanks for posting the results. It does look like you guys had a lot of fun!

It looks like Robbie was still in great shape for posing! He must have had a bowl of shredded wheat in the morning!

Cool to see all the Vegan events going on around the world.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Tarz
Elephant

#4 Postby Tarz » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:22 am

Cristian wrote:Hey Pete,

great pictures, looks like you guys had fun! I'm sorry I couldn't make it but as you know I had to work...
Anyways I will definitely come to the Christmas fayre, this will be my first vegan Christmas so I will probably do some serious shopping there!

Cristian - yep, loadsa shopping to do at the Christmas Fayre - I buy lot's of sweets and chocolate and and cosmetics. Bring a big bag to fill. Arrive hungry too - obviously there is lot's of nice food to eat. You will enjoy it a lot.

I'm supposed to be doing the press-up comp at this one - incidentally Pete how many entrants thus far? - but I'm having grief with my ankle and back at the moment. I'm a sorry sight hobbling around..... :cry:

Pete
Rabbit

#5 Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:48 am

So far we've only a few male & females, but as you know a lot of people prefer to enter on the day (just to keep us nervous!). I expect we'll be getting a lot more than the shoulder press contest simply because everyone can do push-ups. I'll be surprised if we don't get some big rep counts from some contestants.
Thankfully, we've got trophy for 1st & medals for 2nd & 3rd for this event (the shoulder press was only trophy for 1st), both for male & female, & goodies from Yaoh & Redwoods foods as well as the results (& trophies again) for male & female WIP of the year (still time to get your updates in for that one!).
So, there's a lot going on between now & the new year at VBB.org!

Return to “General Discussion”