Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:57 am 
Rabbit

HAHAHA... you guys are all SO awesome! Johnathon, that was hilarious...and totally random! :lol: And Cristian, thanks for the tip on the photo.. I'll try that and see if it works! Alex, cool news about your Spain plans! (Too bad my Spanish is muy malo!) :wink: However, Oregon is sounding better and better by the minute!

Thanks again for the awesome Welcome everyone! You all ROCK!

:D Shelby :D

"Don't Hassel the Hoff!"

"Don't Mess with the 'S'!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:04 pm 
Elephant

Shelby wrote:
Alex, cool news about your Spain plans! (Too bad my Spanish is muy malo!) :wink:

*lol*

I don't speak a single word - yet!
;)

I will have to learn it there from scratch, but that cannot deter me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:10 pm 
Stegosaurus

Alex,

I am totally in on the Spain idea if you're serious. I'll just use Shelby's invitation. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:49 pm 
Rabbit

HAHAHA... hey, instead of Spain, why not Australia?! At least it's not a totally foreign language (although they do use some pretty interesting words, let me tell ya! My brother is studying abroad there now and their slang is hilarious!)

"Don't Hassel the Hoff!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:01 pm 
Rabbit

Cristian----You are awesome!!!!!! Photobucket.com worked and I got my pic up! YAH! Thanks! I totally appreciate it.. it was driving me crazy, cuz it wouldn't work, lol!

"Don't Hassel the Hoff!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:17 pm 
Stegosaurus

Oh my god your dog is gorgeous (and, of course, so are you).

What is your dog's name? Where did you find him? details please details. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:34 pm 
Rabbit

Hehehe... Simon (my dog) says Thanks! I adopted him from a shelter when he was 3 months old! I couldn't believe someone would wanna give up such a sweet (and young!) puppy! But, it totally worked to our advantage! He's a great dog... VERY hyper, but very smart, cuddley, playful, and absolutely nuts! :o) I swear, he needs to go on Ritalin, lol. He's about 2.5 yrs old and definitely behaves like a toddler! The pic isn't a good one, but he actually has an afro (I groom him myself, and I like to give him cool 'dos!)
What Furry-Kids does everyone have?

-Shelbs:o)

"Don't Hassel the Hoff!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:42 am 
Elephant

Welcome from me, too!
I was not online the last days, so I am late, but hopefully not too late...

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:20 am 
Elephant

Hello Shelby.

This is Floyd:

Strictly speaking he isn't my furry kid - although he wishes he was, coz I'm stupid enough to play and walk with him for hours!! He's my sister's Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He's a crazy dog, very strong and very muscular. His jaw strength is incredible. Probably apt to have a pic of him on a bodybuilding forum.

Incidentally, I'm from Staffordshire originally - creating this breed of dog is probably our greatest contribution to mankind.

I did have a furry kid, who turned into a furry old man. My own dog went to the big kennel in the sky in 2002 aged fifteen and a half.

Post subject: Re: Hey! I'm Shelby! :o)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Shelby wrote:
I always get a hard time at the gym for being a vegan...

I never really got a 'hard time' from it, but the people who run the gym kind of assume it's stupid to be vegan, and that it makes it really hard to do weight training, or any physical activity. The woman who runs the gym is like a 'semi-vegetarian' I think, which really bugs me to start with. But it's almost like they don't want to talk about it. Like they are talking to me about nutrition saying "Fish is good, chicken blah" and I say "I don't eat any of that because I'm vegan", and then they're like "ah." and then they have an expression on their face like i just told them I am going to do bunjee jumping without a rope. "That's never going to work holmes". It's irritating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:14 pm 
Rabbit

Welcome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:42 pm 
Rabbit

Tarz: Floyd is absolutely gorgeous! He does look like a very strong dog (he could probably beat me in arm-wrestling... well, if dogs were able to do that, lol). Sorry to hear about your dog.... 15-1/2 years is a very long time! You must've been a wonderful dad to him!

Richard: yeah, it seems like no one really understands veganism and sometimes I just get too tired having to explain it, b/c it always seems to turn into me having to almost defend myself! It's crazy... some people just can't be open-minded and/or accept notions that they aren't accustomed to. And I also get that "what-are-you-nuts!?!" look from people all the time too when I tell them I'm vegan and a weightlifter. They just understand how someone can bodybuild without massive amts of steak, creatine, and protein powders. Veganism goes against what all the mainstream bodybuilding philosophies preach... i don't know if some people feel almost "threatened" by it or if it's just too "new" of a concept for them to grasp. Who knows, who cares, lol. I know to a fact that I'm not gonna change just b/c some meat-head (literally, lol) at the gym tells me I should if I want to see gains.

-Shelby :o)

"Don't Hassel the Hoff!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:20 pm 
Elephant

Shelby wrote:
I know to a fact that I'm not gonna change just b/c some meat-head (literally, lol) at the gym tells me I should if I want to see gains.

I think meat must shut off the flow of oxygen to the brain! I have had people look me in the face and tell me that I couldn't possibly get enough protein. I'm 240 pounds. Clearly I'm getting protein somehow! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:19 pm 
Gorilla

michaelhobson wrote:
Shelby wrote:
I know to a fact that I'm not gonna change just b/c some meat-head (literally, lol) at the gym tells me I should if I want to see gains.

I think meat must shut off the flow of oxygen to the brain! I have had people look me in the face and tell me that I couldn't possibly get enough protein. I'm 240 pounds. Clearly I'm getting protein somehow! :D

Wish is why all of us vegans have to stick together and just BRING IT. Seeing is believing, right? Or at least it should be....there are some awfully dumb 'meatheads' out there. :x

I have two little furry loves too, but mine are kitties :)
Queso and Cava, the loves of my life! And the bane of Topher's existance :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:21 pm 
Gorilla

Shoot, I forgot I hadn't posted here yet! :roll:
Hi Shelby, welcome! I'm Megan, Robert's roommate....he was telling me you've been in touch for a long time, I'm glad you finally joined us all here!!!
:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next