Hey! I'm Shelby! :o)

Shelby

Hey Fellow Veg-Heads!!! )

I'm Shelby, I'm 19, and have been a vegan since I was 12. I've been seriously weightlifting for about 2 years, yet still desperately need to bulk up! P I am a Personal Trainer and full-time student, studying to be a nurse. My crazy pets are my life and I love them to death! I live in Darien, IL, which is about 20 miles South of Chicago. My dream is to be a bodybuilder, but I have a long ways to go! Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself... I think it's awesome that this site is up, for I always get a hard time at the gym for being a vegan... it's nice to have people to talk with who share the same values and views and who wont tell me to eat steaks and whey protein powder!

-Shelby )

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the awesome welcome! I have seen the pics.... they look absolutely amazing and I admit that I am quite jealous, lol. But they work HARD, so they deserve it!

-Shelby

ps-the private message thing wont work, so thats why i had to reply on my own post! how dorky, lol!

Oh dont worry about that Shelby. Are you kidding me? You will soon see that members have conversations with each other publicly on tbe board all the time, AND that we all tend to hijack threads which go totally off the original topic.

These are all to be expected.

I am sure you will have a string of a whole bunch of awesome welcomes by tomorrow night!

Hey Shelby!

Welcome to the forum!

Shelby and I have been in touch for how long......2 years now? I encouraged her to check out the forum and I'm glad to see her here.

Shelby....The private message should work just fine. Just go to the person's profile you want to write to and click on the private message icon.

And it's totally ok to reply to your own post, that is how we do it. We just keep posting through the same threads. So it's ok to keep on writing in your own intro

Welcome again and I'm sure you'll make some great friends here.

-Robert

Hey! Thanks u guys for the awesome welcomes! (I feel SO loved, lol!) ) I'm really glad that I joined the forum too... I'm very excited to meet more veggies... I swear, there are NONE in my area, which really sucks. ( (Almost makes me wanna move, hehehe)

You can do what Topher did and what Will is going to do and move out west to Oregon

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Central is out on the West Coast. 3 of us from the forum all live together (robert, veggymeggy, Hero).

You'll have a great time meeting lots of cool vegans.

Check out our Vegan Fitness Vacation under General Discussion as well.

Come and hang out with us for an awesome time this summer.

-Rob

Oh wow... that would be the COOLEST summer vaction EVER! Oregon DOES sound enticing.... Never been there, but I heard it's a beautiful and peaceful state! Do ya have room for a 4th roommate? LOL!!!

-Shelby

ps--I can't get a picture to post on my profile! Grrr! P

Hey Shelby,

Yeah we'll hopefully be out in the Caribbean somewhere and then some of us may come back to Oregon and train and hang out and then maybe even go on a road trip taking people home.

I'm not sure we have room for a 4th roommate, as vegan bodybuilders Topher and I take up a lot of space

A few people have had some trouble getting a photo for their avatar. I haven't changed mine since my website guy set it up for me so I don't know how either....but there are a few threads about it in the General Discussion section so go there and you'll see step by step instructions for how to update it.

Start saving some money....we're going to rock the Caribbean in the summer Vegan Fitness style!

-Rob

Hey Shelby!

Welcome!

Thanks for your intro - it's incredible to see the fast rate our community is growing! I used to think i'm probably the only vegan bodybuilder in the world

Good luck on your way to becoming a competitive bodybuilder, because a bodybuilder you already are. I'm curious for some pics, after two years of serious lifting there must be some visible results

K-oz and i are gonna start our "own" vegan bodybuilding flat share in Spain Hehe. Wanna join?

Love and peace to you,

Daywalker

Alex,

I was the same way about 5 years ago, thinking I was the only Vegan Bodybuilder around. I wasn't the first, I was never the best, and I discovered many other vegan bodybuilders too. Just because they don't all have their own websites doesn't mean they don't exist. Vegan Bodybuilders have been around for a while and we're discovering more of them all the time.

So now we all know, we're not the only ones I have a feeling there will be a bunch of us hitting the bodybuilding stage as vegans over the next couple of years.

Cool to hear about your plans in Spain.

We're starting to get a home-base for Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness out here in Oregon, where we've always been. With the addition of Topher and Will coming out sometime in the future and possibly others relocating to the Portland area, and those already there, Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness will be huge out west and Oregon will be the hub.

Shelby just joined the forum today but she has been in touch with me as long as anyone, pretty much every since I started my website in January 2003.

Hey Shelby, welcome to the forum!

I've only joined a month ago and I think the community is growing at an amazing speed! Good luck with your training!

Shelby worte ps--I can't get a picture to post on my profile! Grrr!

I had the same problem, then I saved my pic on photobucket.com and pasted the link and is now ok.

AND that we all tend to hijack threads which go totally off the original topic.

i watched riding (with?) giants the other day and it was crazy! to think that people actually put themselves infront of 8 storey waves?!

i think that my limit (and its bodyboarding for me, not surfing) would be something like this:

http://www.fluidzone.com/pages/?pageID=520&action=browse&setID=1174&imageID=16690

that is such an amazing sequence of photos! sadly, i would have to move to Australia to get those regularly

oh shit, sorry, done it again....

welcome shelby!!

jonathan

HAHAHA... you guys are all SO awesome! Johnathon, that was hilarious...and totally random! And Cristian, thanks for the tip on the photo.. I'll try that and see if it works! Alex, cool news about your Spain plans! (Too bad my Spanish is muy malo!) However, Oregon is sounding better and better by the minute!

Thanks again for the awesome Welcome everyone! You all ROCK!

Shelby

HAHAHA... hey, instead of Spain, why not Australia?! At least it's not a totally foreign language (although they do use some pretty interesting words, let me tell ya! My brother is studying abroad there now and their slang is hilarious!)

Hehehe... Simon (my dog) says Thanks! I adopted him from a shelter when he was 3 months old! I couldn't believe someone would wanna give up such a sweet (and young!) puppy! But, it totally worked to our advantage! He's a great dog... VERY hyper, but very smart, cuddley, playful, and absolutely nuts! ) I swear, he needs to go on Ritalin, lol. He's about 2.5 yrs old and definitely behaves like a toddler! The pic isn't a good one, but he actually has an afro (I groom him myself, and I like to give him cool 'dos!)

What Furry-Kids does everyone have?

-Shelbs:o)

Hello Shelby.

This is Floyd:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Tarz77/Floyd.jpg

Strictly speaking he isn't my furry kid - although he wishes he was, coz I'm stupid enough to play and walk with him for hours!! He's my sister's Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He's a crazy dog, very strong and very muscular. His jaw strength is incredible. Probably apt to have a pic of him on a bodybuilding forum.

Incidentally, I'm from Staffordshire originally - creating this breed of dog is probably our greatest contribution to mankind.

I did have a furry kid, who turned into a furry old man. My own dog went to the big kennel in the sky in 2002 aged fifteen and a half.

I always get a hard time at the gym for being a vegan...

I never really got a 'hard time' from it, but the people who run the gym kind of assume it's stupid to be vegan, and that it makes it really hard to do weight training, or any physical activity. The woman who runs the gym is like a 'semi-vegetarian' I think, which really bugs me to start with. But it's almost like they don't want to talk about it. Like they are talking to me about nutrition saying "Fish is good, chicken blah" and I say "I don't eat any of that because I'm vegan", and then they're like "ah." and then they have an expression on their face like i just told them I am going to do bunjee jumping without a rope. "That's never going to work holmes". It's irritating.