excited to be here

aura

Hi, everyone! i am so excited that i found this web site! i am a member of bodybulding.com, but did not know there was a vegan one!

i have been vegetarian all my life, but am trying to become vegan. i still have some whey protein to go through. i am looking forward to getting to know vegan people. i am the odd one most places i go, but now i can talk to people like me!

you've come to the right place. Welcome! pretty life size avatar! don't worry, it's easy to fix. like vegandude said, imageshack.us, browse and upload, select resize to 110x150 thumbnail. 'choose the off site hotlink to image and such. You might have went there already and forgot to check the box, I've done that before.

anyhow, don't know what your financial situation is so I won't press you but if you are stable, ditch that whey and get yourself some vegan pow.

hemp is like 8-12 per lb in bulk

pea is 4-7 per lb in bulk

pretty reasonable

cheers!

WELCOME, AURA!!!

I used to spend a lot of time on bodybuilding.com (not as a member but just doing research), and I remember being thrilled when I found this site.

I'm glad you found us .

Mike

Welcome! Great to have you here!

Were you at the Arnold Classic this weekend? I met a bunch of people there and was wondering if you were one of them.

Great to have you here.

No worries about the large avatar, we've all done it a time or two, including myself.

We have some threads about avatars in the Gen. Discussion session.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I will second Ravi's comment about this being an outstanding community. More and more of us are competing and are into bodybuilding these days and it's a lot of fun!

Wow! thanks for the welcome!

don't know what your financial situation is so I won't press you but if you are stable, ditch that whey and get yourself some vegan pow.
What do you recomend? No wasn't at the arnold.

What do you recomend?

hemp is like 8-12 per lb in bulk

pea is 4-7 per lb in bulk

i'll give you some links for these products so you can see what i'm talking about:

Hemp Protein Powder 5lb:

http://www.livingecho.com/products/health-care/protein/manitobaharvest!organic-hemp-protein-powder-with-fiber-5-lb-manitoba-harvest-5-hppf

Hemp Protein Powder 25lb: http://www.livingecho.com/products/health-care/protein/manitobaharvest!organic-hemp-protein-powder-with-fiber-25-lb-manitoba-harvest-25-hppf

Pea Protein Powder: you choose the size you want

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6816

I noticed you asked what 'Gemma" was in another thread. If you look up the link for Pea Protein Powder, you'll see it. 'Gemma' is simply trueprotein.com 's trademark name they created to market pea protein within their product line.

Personally, I prefer copious amounts of algaes like spirulina and chlorella in my diet for protein but it is expensive, I could give you a hook up but you need to buy a minimum of 50lbs at a time and that isn't always amicable to everyone and it is still more expensive than the other two (prob around 14-17 per lb, depending), even in bulk.

hope you find this information useful!

i agree, which is why i recommended the other ones. I don't think it's a bad source of protein. Personally, i'm a raw foodist so it's not really condusive to my diet. But I see no real issue for it. But think about it, with so many options of soy food in meal planning (tofu, bars, mock foods, etc, etc), i'd save soy intake for meals instead of supplementing with a protein and get powder in from the hemp and pea which aren't so readily available in foods.

As far as the spriulina and chlorella go, it's costly if you buy in small amounts. Spirulina generally runs anywhere from $35 - $55 a lb while chlorella can go anywhere from $45 - $70 a lb. They're excellent but I wouldn't gorge on those prices, i'd use them sparingly.

Seaweeds are excellent protein sources also,; they have every mineral, trace mineral, amino acid and vitamin imaginable in them. They just taxing on the digestive system. http://seaveg.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1 is they best way to go to purchase. I prefer Dulse because it tastes the best. Go to that site and purchase it by the pound, it is much cheaper than getting it 2oz at a time at the health store. It lasts a while.