Jenn from San Francisco

Secretninjanut

Hi! I'm Jennifer from San Francisco; I've been reading the articles and board for awhile, but had some downtime at work so I figured I might as well take the 5 minutes and officially join the community.

I've been a vegetarian since 14, and tried to be vegan while I was a starving student (literally) in college. But I didn't do a very healthful job, so I went back to being veg. for years. Now I am a teacher and am vegan again, and love living in the SF Bay Area because we have a lot of locally grown organic produce at our fingertips.

I've been training with weights for a year, on and off, and recently just got very focused about reducing my body fat %. I'm petite but have 27%BF! Eegads!

So, I'll probably keep you all posted on my journey to toned muscles and lower BF%, and in the meantime, I'll look forward to all the advice, opinions and information that are offered on this site.

Welcome to our TEAM Jennifer!

Thanks for officially joining our group of awesomeness. I'm sure you'll get all your questions answereda nd find lots of motivation as well. Check out all the fitness and nutrition sections especially and there will be a bunch of answers waiting for you.

We're glad to have you on board and I hope to get to know you better. Awesome that you are a Vegan Teacher, those are two words I LOVE to see together.

-Robert

Veganmadre-

I lived in Santa Cruz on and off for 6 years. First, during high school, up in Felton (I swear Jerry Garcia lives in Lompico), then during college on both the East and Westsides, and then my first year teaching I worked in Watsonville.

I think in another post you mentioned wanting to work out w/out going to the gym- SC is the best place to live for doing outdoorsy things! Especially when it is so nice like today!!!

We should go for a hike- you with your baby and me with my "baby".

Cheers,

Jenn