Jon here...

Over40

I'm Jon.

I am returning to a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle after being lazy for a few years.

I'm 41, live in the Rocky Mountains (but not in Colorado), have a wonderful family, and teach jr. high/high school in a rural school that has a view of the Teton Moutains.

I have been lifting since 14. My dad was tired of having a skinny kid running around the house so he bought me a Sears Orbitron Weight Set, a couple of cannisters of that crappy protein powder that never mixed right, and a weightlifting belt. I lifted for the next four years and boosted my bodyweight from 125 lbs. to a whopping 145 lbs. But, I was cut! (I was 5' 9").

I have lifted on and off since. Bodybuilding, powerlifting, Olympic lifts, bodyweight workouts, muscle control workouts, HIT, volume, Heavy Duty, Super Slow, and now back to more traditional volume type workouts.

Nice to meet all of you.

Jon

Hello Jon,

It seems like you know a lot about bodybuilding. When you said Sears it brought back old memories hehe. Welcome to this place and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, a lot of people are very knowledgable here. BTW, I love the view you got there in your town.

Take care

Hello Jon,

It seems like you know a lot about bodybuilding. When you said Sears it brought back old memories hehe. Welcome to this place and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, a lot of people are very knowledgable here. BTW, I love the view you got there in your town.

Take care

Thank you for the Welcome.

It is a nice view. A co-teacher and I have actually been mulling a Mt. Moran climb. But the last 1000 feet are technical and we've never technicalled before.

And I probably wouldn't be so gun-shy, but I know a fellow who's son fell off the Grand Teton. So, I have my reservations about going up Mt. Moran.

Take Care,

Jon

Hey Jon,

Great to have you here. Thanks for joining our group. I appreciate all the participation on the Forum so far.

Please share the forum with others as well. We will continue to keep on growing and having positive impacts on others and we'll support each other through our vegan fitness lives and all the successes ahead of us.

Have a great one!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

I have great respec for teachers. God bless you yor job ain't easy and is very important.

What subjects do you teach? Can you squeeze into your lessons animal rights anywhere? I think it is imperative for young, impressionable children to learn about the truth behind animal consumption at a young age. I also think that it is imperative that kids learn how to analyze media messages. For example, those stupid commercials that portray happy cows and happy chickens etc - kids only get ONE side of the story, and it is the wrong, untruthful side. ANimals are NOT happy to be slaughtered and eaten, and most are not raised in ideal, heavenly, lush conditions like the commercials suggest. I wish more schools woyuld trach kids about reading and watching tv more critically, and about rejecting the status quo as a self-evident truth.

natalie