What's up!

Tacitus

Hey, my real name is Chris. I'm from Toronto. I'm not really a bodybuilder, but I do alot of strength training because of my involvement in mixed martial arts (jiu-jitsu, boxing,muay thai). I'm not a vegan yet, but am on my way! My goal is to eliminate all animal products over the next month. Currently I just free range eggs and drink the occasional glass of organi milk, as well as whey shakes (too many!). My other interests are classical lit, and I'm trying to teach myself ancient greek right now, because I don't do drugs or drink or watch television so I have too much free time! I'm also a writer and have publsihed some poems here and there and will be coming out with a small press book in June 2006. Anyway, that's a lot of info I think so...hey, what's up?

Whey protein can be exchanged for pea, soy or rice protein. If you commit yourself to soymilk for 2 weeks the taste will grow on you .

I actually have really developed a taste for almond milk. I think that stuff is just amazing after lifting! As for the whey, yeah I've already bought some yellow pea protein. Like two months ago I bought one of those big jugs of whey--so I have to finish it, because i don't think it should be wasted. There's only a week left anyway.

Daywalker: thanks alot. I think martial artists can really benifit from the vegan diet, because it cuts down on inflamation so much for one thing. The Gracie's have a specific diet which is really close to veganism, and there are a few of them who don't eat meat at all.

I didn't know about the vegan Muay Thai Championship, but that kicks ass! I'm going to do a search on it when I get a chance.

Another Torontonian on this board. That makes it three if I am not mistaken, including myself. I think though there are about 7 Canadians in total though. Hmm....maybe Canadians will take over the board soon, leaving Americans, Germans and Brits in the dust. SO far, I think the Americans have the lead.

By the way, Chris, how about updating your profile so your city and country is visible.

Hey Chris,

Welcome to our group of cool people

Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy the your time here and meet cool new people, learn a lot of information, make new friends and have a lot of fun.

I also really enjoy writing. I've worked on a bunch of projects but I don't seem to finish them. That will change in 2006 though

Best of luck with all of your projects and again, welcome!

-Robert

Well sometimes it takes a few tries and then it just 'clicks'. Sometimes I'll be putting all of my energy into a short story, only to have it comletly fail and then I'll write a poem the next and it'll just 'work'. But the failing with the short story is why the poem works.

One trick you might want to try is to go at your project 'marathon' style. Basically, this is something you can only do if you have a week to devote most of your energy to the project. Basically, get all your food for the day ready ahead of time, sit down with a timer at your desk, (I time myself for 7 hrs), and write! Don't really even think about what you're writing, just get it all down. Once it's all there, you'll have a stack of paper, and feel really good about it, so you'll be encouraged to go on with the thing. I find that this method works for me when I have something that I know is good, but that I just can't finish. Anyway, for some people this method isn't very applicable, but if you have some spare time give it a shot...you might be suprised with the results.