smartcookie

I am very new to veganism, since visiting this site convinced me I can give up dairy and eggs and still look and feel fantastic (you all are such inspiration!!) I've been a 'sloppy' vegetarian for about ten years now, and I'm pretty inconsistent with eating healthy. I'm even less consistent with working out, but I've done so much research about nutrition and fitness that I have no reason not to go all the way. Currently, I workout about once every week and a half. My ultimate goal is to workout daily and drop to a bodyfat of 16%. Last I checked I'm at 24%.

I'm working on my second degree and have one more year before becoming and RN. I love the outdoors, gardening, watching films, cooking, reading, and DIY projects. Soon I'll post some pics of what I have to work with (physique-wise). Hopefully, you'll help me keep accountable.

Hey smartcookie,

You seem really cool!

Glad this site has inspired you, that is why I created it 6 years ago Thanks for joining our team. Your signature about luck is excellent too! I know a thing or two about busting my fanny, and it looks like you do too with your academic success.

All the best and welcome aboard!

yeh awesome move for your health and that is so cool this site inspired you to do so. If you ever have to think to yourself what should I eat, as veganism is 'new' to you, like you stated, just throw back a couple of fruits or some fresh veggies or a nice fat salad and you'll be good to go and your body will thank you. There's always all that exotic 'mock' stuff you could go after but you'll learn which ones you like in good time, if you want them.

Veganaise, Tofurky Italian Sausage, Boca Chiken Patties/Nuggets, Soy Delicious Ice Cream, Chocolate flavored hemp milk or just plain hummus/babaganoush (some have dairy be careful)/tabouleh

I don't consume those anymore but I have and some I have heard recommended from others

Glad to have you here....

Firstly hello, its nice to have you here

Secondly - guys, whats a fanny? I dont think it means the same here in UK.

I went to Canada some years ago & bought some new jeans, my great uncle said "hey I like your new pants"

I was a bit confused cos pants are your underwear here

Hi Smartcookie and welcome! I love your picture with the kitten, my cat just had 3 kittens and they're so cute.

Workingout everyday is the best espescially for cardio, but sometimes it's hard to deal with the schedule. 3x or 5x per week is very good too, at least to start, otherwise the body can't take so much work so suddenly.

Good luck and keep updates with a journal and pictures !

Secondly - guys, whats a fanny? I dont think it means the same here in UK.

No, busting your "fanny" in the UK would be quite painful!!! Over here fanny means butt, backside, rear end, arse, and busting your fanny simply means working very hard.

Welcome Smartcookie, we can never have too many vegan cookies.

Welcome!

Good luck with nursing school. It's been more than a few years since I got my degree and we didn't have all the computerized charting, isolations standards and mountain of policies, regulations, rules, etc. that you have to deal with while trying to learn and actually care for patients! I hope you stick with it. We need more nurses.