Great Site!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

vermonthiker
Finch

Great Site!

#1 Postby vermonthiker » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:02 pm

Hi
I'm Deanna, I've been a vegan since August of 2004. I never loved meat, but enjoyed poultry and fish, then got ill after a family vacation. We ate a lot of meat and little veggies (long story.) I came home cranky, tired and craving brown rice and veggies. I gave up refined sugar and all animal products that day and never looked back.

I lost 50lbs in the first 7 months. I still have about 10 lbs to go, but would be happy just building muscle and losing more inches. I'm not toned. I used to run quite a bit but my diet was so horrible, the whole routine was exhausting. I did the whole high protein weight lifting thing a few years back while weight training. I was miserable. Now I'd like to get into weight training again, this time as a vegan.

I'm a mom of two boys, both homeschooled, and am a college student myself. I'm enjoying this website, as so many bodybuilding sites are geared towards high protein meat eating diets. I look forward to chatting with you all. :D
Deanna

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#2 Postby compassionategirl » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:03 pm

Hello and welcome. :D

I am running out of creative ways to greet people. :(
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

Richard
Site Admin

#3 Postby Richard » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:06 pm

WAZAAAAAAAAP? etc. That is a weird reason to go vegan, I've not heard that one before. The site kicks ass

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:14 pm

Hey Deanna,

Welcome to our website! I'm glad you like it. We have some pretty awesome people here. There is a lot of information and we have quite a bit of fun too. I consider a lot of people on here to be my friends, and I've never even met them in person.

Have a great time exploring the site and I look forward to getting to know you better.

All the best!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

SeaSiren
Elephant

#5 Postby SeaSiren » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:23 pm

Home Schooling Rocks! Welcome! :)

willpeavy
Elephant

#6 Postby willpeavy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:54 pm

Hey Deanna welcome. I see in your profile that you're into attachment parenting. That's awesome, me and my wife are into that too. Especially Dr. Sears style
[url=http://willpeavy.net/:34olz5pn]willpeavy.net[/url:34olz5pn]

flanders77
Elephant

#7 Postby flanders77 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:10 am

Welcome! :mrgreen:
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Daywalker
Elephant

#8 Postby Daywalker » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:21 am

Hi Deanna.

I'm sure you'll like it here :)
No one said it would be easy.

Crash
Elephant

#9 Postby Crash » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:27 am

Welcome Deanna. :)
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Michelle
Elephant

#10 Postby Michelle » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:29 am

Welcome to the site, Deanna!

Your screen name brings up good memories. I was born in Vermont, lived there for a lot of years and did a fair amount of hiking while I was there. I miss the hiking.

Cool to see another homeschool parent on here, too. :)

Return to “Introductions”