Greetings!

Shtwophell

Hello there, my name is jason jarvis and i have just registered here, i have been a vegan about 6 months and was wondering if anybody could give me any advice?

im currently 18 years old, outgoing and just finished college, im happy to chat to anyone who is friendly, i'm sure its going to be great here and am glad to see there are so many vegans around, as i do not know many

thank you

Thank you all for replying, and yep I finished college already, but it's not the sort of college like you have in America, we call that a university, I haven't got a degree or anything

To who asked about what advice I wanted, I'm not sure whether you want me to post this in another section or not, but basically I've been vegan for about 6 months now, and will remain vegan regardless, but I have lost a lot of weight since becoming vegan, I'm about 6ft 2 and now only weigh 8 stone, where as I used to weigh about 10 which was still small for my size, this is probably due to my fast metabolism, I'm tiny and you can practically see all of my bones :S I'll probably get 'round to posting pictures eventually.

But basically I just want to bulk up without using meat or egg as you have all proven is possible, I'm assuming that there have been at least a few others in my position considering how many members this forum has, another problem is however that I am rather prone to kidney stones which I have been having on and off for the past 2 years or so, they dont know what causes this, but it can be caused by excessive protein consumption, hence the huge problem.

Anybody who could offer any advice, I would be extremely gratefull, I am sorry if this is in the wrong area and will repost if nesissary.

Welcome!

If you are losing weight then it has to do with inadequate intake of calories, not your becoming vegan. If you previously ate calorie dense foods such as meat or cheese, and you favor those types of foods, then you may want to replace them with tofu, tempeh, seitan (gluten/"wheat meat") and/or beans. If your diet had little bulk/fiber in it before and you are finding that higher fiber plant foods are making your stomach feel full then you can try dividing your meals into smaller ones - which is the best way to bulk anyway.

Good luck!

Welcome!

If you are losing weight then it has to do with inadequate intake of calories, not your becoming vegan. If you previously ate calorie dense foods such as meat or cheese, and you favor those types of foods, then you may want to replace them with tofu, tempeh, seitan (gluten/"wheat meat") and/or beans. If your diet had little bulk/fiber in it before and you are finding that higher fiber plant foods are making your stomach feel full then you can try dividing your meals into smaller ones - which is the best way to bulk anyway.

Good luck!

i see well from what i hear in this post and another i am going to make a note of all the foods i eat in a log, try to increase my calorie intake, and them post them on here thank you

i see well from what i hear in this post and another i am going to make a note of all the foods i eat in a log, try to increase my calorie intake, and them post them on here thank you

You should make a log in the journal section, it will get more attention there.

You should make a log in the journal section, it will get more attention there.

i think i might do that thank you

• 3 weeks later...