Not quite a vegan but tons of respect for those who are.

agmMT

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 21 year old college student entering my Senior year at TCNJ. The MT in my username is for Muay Thai, not Montana or something.

As the title says I'm not a vegan but up until the past 3-4 months I used to buy into the theory that in order to put on muscle you have to take in an absurd amount of protein from mainly meat, but I think I've smartened up a little bit since then. Most bodybuilding and fitness magazines seem to try to convince everyone you need to eat 12 eggs for breakfast, and then a chicken or steak based dish 4-5 times a day. It's ridiculous and kind of sad that people even buy into that.

Personally I've cut down on a lot of animal products and am primarily vegetarian, but I do occasionally have fish and poultry dishes if that's the healthiest option available. But who knows, one day I might start implementing more of a vegan lifestyle to my diet.

Regardless I just wanted to say hi, looks like I'll fit in well with this site compared to others I've seen. Nothing more annoying than the under 3 inch penis crowd bragging online about animal cruelty as if it's an alpha trait. I'm assuming that doesn't happen much here.

Woohoo, penis discussion!

We have topics of that too... anyway, welcome to the forum!

I have been working out 8 months now and I certainly agree that meat, eggs and dairy products are overly appreciated in bodybuilding. You can build muscles even with fruits only and a proper vegan diet is perfect for working out hard because you'll feel so energetic.

Hope you'll become a vegan some day. It's a lot easier than you might think.

Thanks everyone (especially for the link). I may have come off a little bit irritable in my first post but really I can't think of anything that annoys me more online than a bunch of keyboard warriors talking about how it's okay for the abuse of animals. A recent trend of posts in another forum are what actually made me actively look for a little bit more of a compassionate forum to participate in. I fail to see humor in doing things like shooting birds, squirrels, and rabbits in your backyard strictly out of boredom. Luckily, I don't think I'll be the minority on that view over here.

And maybe it's the first step, but I think that phasing in more vegan meals is a good start. While I don't know if I'd ever make the full conversion, I can definitely respect it and admit you guys take your dedication to your bodies and your stance against animal cruelty to another level.

Yeah, guys who are hugely ripped like that think they're so awesome but really.. I don't think so. I don't go for guys who are so big they can't walk properly and are all veiny and whatnot. Blahhhh. You can get pretty ripped on a vegan diet. Check out Robert and Octopussoir for example. I wouldn't wanna mess with those guys!

The best part is that a vegan diet not only helps the animals, but the environment and your health. I've never felt healthier in my life! I think I'm way more fit now as a vegan since I have more energy to work out and I recover more quickly.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome agmMT! We're glad to have any members who respect veganism, even if they aren't vegans themselves. While veganism isn't for everyone, eating a mostly plant-based diet and living as cruelty-free as possible IS good for everyone.

Looking forward to your posts.

Thanks again for the warm welcome from everyone.

I like the avatar Marcina. Are you Hindu too?

And looking jacked DV! Who knows, maybe I'll end up a vegan one day.. like I said in my first post I have a ton of respect as to why people practice that lifestyle. But it's even better when you meet a community in which plenty of people who are not only vegan or vegetarian but also happen to be very fit. Props to you guys.

I should probably start posting outside my introduction thread now.

Edited by agmMT

• 3 weeks later...