Vegetarian from the UK

sabrefist

Hiya everyone. I'm 18 and have quite a significant stomach however in the next month I will be making plans that I hope will be life changing. First of all I will be attempting the transition from vegetarian to vegan again. (already failed twice but hopefully this time i'll succeed with the right help and planning.) Also I'm going to attempt to lose my stomach.

When I left school at 16 I enjoyed running and tree climbing and I even started getting i interested in free running however in the past two years many things have happened. I have lost my energy that I used to have and despite enjoying 3 hour walks in the past these days just thinking about walking 30 minutes tires me out.

I want to reclaim my fitness which for me begins with totally cleansing my body and following a good vegan diet. My problem is that I don't know how to plan any vegan meals, what I should be eating, how much, when etc... I don't have any training routine or anything, in the past I just kept fit by being me.

Anyway I look forward to being part of this community and I hope I can learn a lot from you guys.

Welcome!

Glad you found us. There are mainly two ways you can plan your workouts and meals:

1.) Use a vegan fitness trainer, such as VeggiePrincess here in the forum.

2.) Read loads of stuff in the forum and ask if you can't find answer to your questions.

Also, if you lack energy it might be a good idea to get your blood tested, you might have some deficiencies and it might take away your energy.

Good luck with your third time as a vegan!

Welcome!

First off, there is no need to "cleanse" you body as your body does that naturally if your organs are not diseased and you don't feed it junk. For nutrition and meal planning ideas, I've provided some links. As for how often to eat and how much, some people find that spreading their food evenly over the day (eating every 2.5-3 hours) keeps them from getting hungry and keeps their circulating nutrients/calories stable - good things if you're trying to lose fat or build/maintain muscle. Only you can determine how much you need to eat. One person at 70 kg may consume twice as many maintenance calories as another 70 kg person. Keeping a diary for a few weeks can help you figure out your maintenance calories. Additionally, losing more than 1% of your body weight per week (1-2 lbs or .5 to 1 kg) results in loss of lean mass (muscle) unless you start out obese (although the large amount of weight loss some see in the first week when dieting is, in fact, mostly water loss).

Vegan Society

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

Vegan Health

Good luck with your goals!

Hi Welcome

I'm going on a juice cleanse and sharing it with Andesuma, Jessifly, and Speaklow in 18 days.

She's going on an amazing 50 day cleanse. If you have any questions feel free to ask Lean and Green, Andesuma, Me, xdarthveganx, or Jessifly.

With a creative mind, and if you enjoy reading your research you won't have a problem.

Here's a link to Andesuma's 50 days juice cleanse. It's really inspiring

http://andesuma.blogspot.com/

Hi sabrefist, great to have another UKer on here!

Where bouts you from? I am near London.

I think suggestions have been good so far.

I lift weights & do a little cardio.Both lose weight effectively when you combine them with a vegan diet that is healthy.

I eat lots of fruit, vegetables, oats (like porridge) beans & potatoes & nuts too.Of course if you are trying to lose weight, make sure you dont eat too little to lose the weight.Its always better to just eat the same but exercise more!

Feel free to post your questions in the relevant places & you will defo get loads of responses.Most people on here are very helpful.

Peace out dude!

Heya all, thanks for the replies and the advice. I'm in Manchester, UK for those that asked. Sorry I haven't been back sooner, stuff's happened lately that's kept me busy and the only internet access I get is at the library at the moment.

I've been watching videos of parkour lately and I'm really interested. I would have to get serious about my fitness if I wanted to get into that and to be honest it looks very difficult. I would like to hear from anyone who already does this kind of thing.

Yeah man, all those dudes in the parkour videos are skinny as hell, which I guess makes it easier to climb and jump (since they weigh less) and also it's probably less dangerous falling / jumping long distances since there will be less impact on the joints. If a big guy did the same stuff maybe their knees would fall off. I'd love to do some of those crazy things like flips and running up walls etc, I'm not ready yet though and certainly too flabtastic.