Hello everybody!!!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Sam*
Rabbit

Hello everybody!!!

#1 Postby Sam* » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:41 am

Hi!!! I'm very happy to meet you all!
My name is Samantha, I'm 30 and I live in Italy. I work as a fitness instructor in a gym and I'm studying to improve myself in this job I love.
I think of fitness in an "olistic" way: being healthy is feeling healthy and looking healthy. This is why I like body building and yoga in the same way! :)
I've been a vegetarian for 10 years, and I'm going towards veganism now. I have to say it is not easy in Italy: the idea "muscles = meat" is very strong here. I am sooooo happy I met veganrunners, veganfitness and veganbodybuilding!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I can eventually speak to people who UNDERSTAND!!! :D
I'd love to compete in fitness, but I can't find a vegan coach here!!! :(
I'm bored of people saying "Well... couldn't you eat some fish at least??? In this case I could train you."

I took a look at the forum, and you are all nice, friendly, and... simply great!!!!
Sam

offense74
Elephant

#2 Postby offense74 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:31 am

Welcome!!
Yeah, we're all a dandy bunch here :D !

I live in Sweden. Almost all the fruits and veggies I eat come from either Italy or Spain. Heck, even the cans of beans I buy have Italian names (like borlotti, canneloni, etc). How you could live in Italy and not be a veggie is beyond me :D :shock: !

oh, and I sincerely would like to thank you and all of Italy for the wonderful fruit you produce. Italy rocks 8) !
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

Richard
Site Admin

#3 Postby Richard » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:36 am

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you could try printing out some facts from this site and other sites to show to the trainers who are ignorant about nutrition, and then they'd see why they're wrong

flanders77
Elephant

#4 Postby flanders77 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:18 am

Welcome! :wink:
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Daywalker
Elephant

Re: Hello everybody!!!

#5 Postby Daywalker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 am

Hi Sam,

welcome on board! :D

Sam* wrote:Hi!!! I'm very happy to meet you all!

I'm happy to meet you, too :D
I love your positive energy already 8)

I can eventually speak to people who UNDERSTAND!!! :D

Err, what? :oops:

:roll:

;)

I'd love to compete in fitness, but I can't find a vegan coach here!!!

Don't worry, we'll coach you! :D

I took a look at the forum, and you are all nice, friendly, and... simply great!!!!

Hehe :) That's what vegans are like ... ;)
:D

Love and peace
8)
No one said it would be easy.

SeaSiren
Elephant

#6 Postby SeaSiren » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:36 am

Welcome! :)

neil
Manatee

#7 Postby neil » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:01 am

welcome. i'm a big fan of holistic approaches and thinking. i'm glad to hear you found these vegan/athletic sites, they should definitely help.
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the human race." -H.G.Wells

www.funkdc.com

CrispyQ
Gorilla

#8 Postby CrispyQ » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:40 am

Welcome Sam. You'll find lots of good advice & suggestions on this site.

BTW, my dream vacation is to visit Italy someday. 8)
Slavery is the fiction that people are objects; corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people. www.http://reclaimdemocracy.org/personhood/

michaelhobson
Elephant

#9 Postby michaelhobson » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:26 pm

Hi Sam! Welcome!

Don't mind Daywalker's scattered message, pay close attention to everything he says. He is after all a champion vegan bodybuilder! German National Champion to be exact!

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#10 Postby compassionategirl » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:28 pm

hey Sam!!

I always wondered how many veggie there was in Italy. I figured not many, an certainly not many vegans. Glad to meet you!!!

By the way, to all of your friends and your coaches that think meat=muscle, simply forward them this link. It has pics of Daywalker (German National Bodybuilding CHAMPION who beat all the meat eaters!!) and pics of Rob Cheeke (the other vegan competitive bodybuilder here) and his smokin bod as well. Simply click here and scroll down for the pics:

viewtopic.php?t=1301&start=0

Seriously, one visit to this site with all the pics of the bodybuilders (even on the home page of the site) should simply END all thoughts that you NEED meat for muscle. OBVIOUSLY not, after one visits this site!!!

Also, there is really nice Italian guy on this site that currently lives in the UK. His name is Cristian.

Ciao bella,
natalie
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

robert
Site Admin

#11 Postby robert » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:10 pm

Hey Sam!

Welcome to the site! We do have a pretty cool group here. We tend to have lots of fun, occasionally tease each other, and we share lots of useful information. We also have National and World Champion Vegan Bodybuilders and other Champion Vegan Athletes here.

Nice to have you as part of our team :)

Enjoy getting to know the group.

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Cristian
Manatee

#12 Postby Cristian » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:04 pm

Benvenuta! Finally another Italian!

CG wrote:
Also, there is really nice Italian guy on this site that currently lives in the UK. His name is Cristian

Enjoy the forum Sam!
Things are moving forward

Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy

Sam*
Rabbit

#13 Postby Sam* » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:44 am

Thanx a lot to everybody!!!! :D :D :D

offense74 wrote:How you could live in Italy and not be a veggie is beyond me :D :shock: !

And beyond me as well... :roll:

offense74 wrote:oh, and I sincerely would like to thank you and all of Italy for the wonderful fruit you produce. Italy rocks 8) !

:mrgreen:

Richard wrote:Maybe you could try printing out some facts from this site and other sites to show to the trainers who are ignorant about nutrition, and then they'd see why they're wrong

I'm doing a sort of a "bible" to show them... copying from various sites, like this one, veganrunners, veganfitness, Italian Vegatarian Society...
I told them to look at Bill Pearl, for example: he's vegetarian (ahem... I have to start with "vegetarian" because many people here don't know the word "vegan"...) and absolutely GREAT! But you know what happens when people have no real arguments: they say the firts idiot thing that come into their mind, like "he can't be at thet level without steroids, so his nutrition doesen't really matter..." :roll:

I'm glad that lately many instructors are understanding that you can be veg*an AND a body builder, but they are still not sure you can have the same results. But they are open minded enough to change their minds in case they are proved wrong. :wink:

Daywalker wrote:Don't worry, we'll coach you!

Pay attention, I could take it seriously... 8)

In particular after seeing what YOU did!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find the topic with the news and the pics, but I'll write you here what I wanted to write there:

THANX FOR EXISTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sam

Sam*
Rabbit

#14 Postby Sam* » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:07 am

neil wrote:welcome. i'm a big fan of holistic approaches and thinking. i'm glad to hear you found these vegan/athletic sites, they should definitely help.

:wink:
And... hoops!!! :oops: "Holistic", not "olistic", sorry!

Neil, I love your avatar!!!!!!!! :D :D

CrispyQ wrote:BTW, my dream vacation is to visit Italy someday.

You'll be welcome!!!!!!!

michaelhobson wrote:Don't mind Daywalker's scattered message, pay close attention to everything he says.

I will!!! He's a guru!!!

compassionategirl wrote:I always wondered how many veggie there was in Italy. I figured not many, an certainly not many vegans.

We're quite a few, in the north more than in the south. I guess not as many as in England, or in the northern Europe, but many people lately are starting caring about animals, and cutting out everything that means cruelty on them, including meat or other products.

compassionategirl wrote:By the way, to all of your friends and your coaches that think meat=muscle, simply forward them this link. It has pics of Daywalker (German National Bodybuilding CHAMPION who beat all the meat eaters!!) and pics of Rob Cheeke (the other vegan competitive bodybuilder here) and his smokin bod as well.

I was thinking about printing big posters and putting them in the gym where I work... Do you mind Daywalker? :)

robert wrote:We do have a pretty cool group here. We tend to have lots of fun, occasionally tease each other, and we share lots of useful information.

I saw it, and found it wonderful!!! :D
Sam

Daywalker
Elephant

#15 Postby Daywalker » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:56 am

Hey Sam!

michaelhobson wrote:Don't mind Daywalker's scattered message, pay close attention to everything he says. He is after all a champion vegan bodybuilder! German National Champion to be exact!

compassionategirl wrote:It has pics of Daywalker (German National Bodybuilding CHAMPION who beat all the meat eaters!!)

Hey you two, i'm NOT German Champion! I placed second in the German Championships! I hold two German Vice Champion titles - GNBF and NABBA.
But i'm the current World Champion of the WFF/NABBA fitness class 8)

Sam* wrote:In particular after seeing what YOU did!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find the topic with the news and the pics, but I'll write you here what I wanted to write there:

THANX FOR EXISTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:oops:
Wow! Thank you! :D
No one ever said that to me, except my girlfriend :D

Sam* wrote:
michaelhobson wrote:
Don't mind Daywalker's scattered message, pay close attention to everything he says.

I will!!! He's a guru!!!

No i'm not!
I'm just a bodybuilder, like thousands out there! I'm not even particularly good, i just happen to be one of very few competitive vegan bodybuilders, that's all!

Sam* wrote:
Daywalker wrote:
Don't worry, we'll coach you!

Pay attention, I could take it seriously... Cool

I hope you will! :)
We need more vegan competitors! 8)

Sam* wrote:I was thinking about printing big posters and putting them in the gym where I work... Do you mind Daywalker? Smile

No, i wouldn't mind.

And you're right, this site is special :)

Love and peace,
Daywalker ;-)
No one said it would be easy.

Return to “Introductions”