So yeah, hi and all that jazz

xCx

Hi everyone!

Been lurking around these boards for a while now and finally mustered up the courage to introduce myself, haha.

A few personal facts:

My name is Casper and I'm 25 years old. I live in Meatland also known by some as Denmark. I've been vegan for some 6 years now and I'm taking a BA in teaching at a university here in DK.. bump.. bump.. Oh and I'm way into hardcore (No... not that kind) I spend a great deal of time going to concerts and setting up concerts..

A few BB facts:

I'm a complete and utter newb at lifting anything - the only time I've ever done any heavy lifting was when i worked at a steel plant. However! I just recently started lifting with two of my carni friends, who ofc made all the usual comments about how only girls don't eat meat ect. ect. Therefore I have made it my mission to destroy them and make a complete mockery out of em' both

So that's about it.. I'm looking foward to being a part of this community, and hopefully make a friend or two

welcome Casper,

i'm a newbie here too. you're gonna make it for sure - just believe that you can do it, set a target & follow an appropriate weight lifting & nutrition plan...and then you will fool your friends

i was also fooled when i was telling my friends that i'm starting weight lifting...but now they can't believe how did i change!

by the way...i was also setting up diy/punk/hardcore gigs here in athens but not any more.

take care...

Welcome Casper! Show them that they're girls!

I've already had my first victory in the gym

I was doing the ol' deadlift (70kg) and was breaking a bit of a sweat. So my carni friend, who's your typical capt. upper-body, walks over and starts making fun (all in good fun though) So i ask him to join me.. And wouldn't you know it, he collapsed before making a single one

Welcome Casper!

WOW! You're the FIRST vegan I've ever said anything to who's from Denmark. I've heard you guys do exist, now I'm sure you do.

Hope next summer we can arrange vegan meetings, it's great to see people from VBB and VF, the best forums there are!