Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:13 pm 
Gorilla

exciton, you feel like a whole hole? :lol: Neat story.

Well, I'm a bird person -- love them; all of them. I suppose I could be an owl or a hawk, turkeys are sweet, a dove, swan; but I think ravens are mysterious and dark...quite mischievous and considered the most intelligent of the wild birds ;) Best to be identified with the crafty, intelligent not-so-beautiful ones rather than the beautiful always-the-prey, dumber ones :D
Actually, all birds are extremely intelligent. I love them all.

Post subject: also
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:27 am 
Manatee

They're also closely tied to the spiritual world in many north american indigenous cultures. They are able to move betwenn our plane of existence and the afterlife.
Very powerful indeed and highly revered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:56 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hi Exciton,

Like I have said to the others, havent been online much as I have no internet at home these days but welcome to this awesome community. :zunge: :wav:

Glad to have you aboard. :D 8)

P.S. to everybody :arrow: I am LOVING LOVING LOVING these new emoticons. I want to post them all! So many options!!!

They even have SMURF ones. :wink: 8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:40 pm 
Manatee

Smurf ones? I gotta try this!

:bigsmurf: <---- Holy Crap! It's Papa Smurf! That's cool. Here's a smurfy factoid:

In Europe, the smurf theme song actually has words other than "La la la la la la la la la la la" etc.

In the states I have only heard one English version were they said "Sing a happy song, smurfy all day long" But in Europe, they have a whole song full of real words. Crazy huh?

I like Day Walker's smurf saying "goodness takes the bad away"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:23 pm 
Gorilla

compassionategirl wrote:
P.S. to everybody :arrow: I am LOVING LOVING LOVING these new emoticons. I want to post them all! So many options!!!

They even have SMURF ones. :wink: 8) :D

Are they SMURF BLUE smurfs? :wink:

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:55 pm 
Rabbit

Robert:
Thanks again! Personally, I think one of the nice things about Denmark is its small size -- it gives you the feeling (illusion) that if you work hard enough for a case, then other people will hear you.. One of the bad things about Denmark, is our "pork production".. the production/slaughter of 25000000 pigs per year is absolutely insane. Let me know if you plan to visit Denmark again -- my bench is your bench :).

Raven:
Haha, yeah.. I feel like a real hole sometimes.. some would probably like to add a prefix to that word :lol:..
I tend to agree with your observation that the raven seems more intelligent than other birds -- but of course the subject is complex. There is no doubt, however, that these birds are mysterious.

Phoenix:
Interesting - I must admit I know very little of the north american indigenous cultures. However, I recall from school that Hugin and Munin were the two ravens of Odin the god of war, death and wisdom. Hugin and Munin were the eyes and ears of Odin, and they would fly out and see and hear everything happening in world. Later they would report to Odin, so as to keep him up to date. I guess he uses the internet today, but the old concept might come in handy in the case of Google failure.

compassionategirl:
Hi, and thanks for the welcome :)

May you all have a great day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:28 pm 
Gorilla

Hey, Phoenix and exciton, another reason I love ravens is that they *are* highly symbolic as you've suggested. Oftentimes they are associated with witches and witchcraft and such; especially in the distant pass in order to justify suppression of women (recall stake burning,and women being referred to as witches, "casting spells" on men with their sexuality, etc.,)
So, I suppose it's sort of a nod to my foremothers :) Many have suffered so we can be who we are and where we are today. (hmm, we need a feminist smiley...)
Didn't want to get too heavy on you all, ;) but that's another one of the reasons I like ravens.

Post subject: very meaningful
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:31 pm 
Manatee

It's all good raven..........

Post subject: neat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:33 pm 
Manatee

Hey Exciton, that's very nice. I recall those names but for the life of me I don't know why I know them.

thanks.

Post subject: Re: neat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:52 am 
Rabbit

Hi Phoenix,
You are welcome :). I feel in the same way about a lot of things, btw. The brain works in mysterious ways.
All the best,
Niels

Phoenix wrote:
Hey Exciton, that's very nice. I recall those names but for the life of me I don't know why I know them.

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:44 pm 
Elephant

Looks like you and I have the same haircut.

Cool : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:31 pm 
Rabbit

Aaron wrote:
Looks like you and I have the same haircut.

Cool : )

Hehe, yeah -- that is cool. Perhaps we should start a forum for vegans with shaved heads :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:45 am 
Site Admin

Hey Exiton,

Are some of your friends vegans or vegetarians in Denmark? You should encourage them to join our group too :)

You can show them the magazine feature. I hope to travel over there again...maybe in 2007 or 2008.

I know there was a pretty good vegetarian/vegan community in Copenhagen in Christiania.

Have a great day,

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:09 am 
Rabbit

Hi Robert,

No, unfortunately I do not have any veg* friends. As a matter of fact, all throughout my life I have met only very few Danish vegetarians. To be exact, I think the number is 2. None of these guys considered ethics as part of their motivation for being vegetarian -- It was merely a question of disliking the taste of meat. I have, however, recently heard that there should be a vegetarian at my new workplace. I am curious to investigate this situation.

Well, I think you are right about Christiania -- some of the people out there definitely are vegetarians. You have probably already heard the story about Christiania (i.e. it's an old hippie place).. so some of the folks out there have integrated some of the eastern philosophy into their lifestyle. Sadly, however, this is a minority, and in general the Danes eat a lot of meat.

I am looking forwards to meeting you in 07/08!

All the best,
Niels

robert wrote:
Hey Exiton,

Are some of your friends vegans or vegetarians in Denmark? You should encourage them to join our group too :)

You can show them the magazine feature. I hope to travel over there again...maybe in 2007 or 2008.

I know there was a pretty good vegetarian/vegan community in Copenhagen in Christiania.

Have a great day,

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:02 pm 
Gorilla

Hey, Niels, why don't we see you on the boards?!! Plus, I'd like to know your workout routine and diet -- you are in great shape!

You don't have to create a journal; you can respond to this post and post an example of your food and workout in my journal, if you want :)