New from Alabama

Nightingale

So, I'm new to the board. My husband would probably prefer if I was vegan like him, but I find it difficult because I've always been a picky eater. I'm trying to refocus on diet and exercise since I've just graduated and back from college.... So, is there a website that someone can recommend that has a variety of choices?

For those of you that I've met before, hi!

(I'm Jimi's wife)

Welcome to the group! Awesome to see you on the forum as well. Nice meeting you during Vegan Vacation. Jimi has been an awesome friend of mine for a little while now and I'm hoping to spend more time with your family in the near future.

Thanks for being part of our group and for putting up with a competitive bodybuilder!

All the best and welcome aboard!

i could ramble all day about how awesome it is to be vegan, but im sure you've heard it all!

but vegan or not, i think the most important thing to do is have your food as unrefined as possible. if you can cook instead of buying prepared packaged stuff, its almost always healthier (and cheaper! ) The more processes food has to go through before it gets to your plate, the more nutrients it loses, so youre pretty much just getting macros (carbs, proteins, fats) instead of all the micros (vitamins and minerals), especially in fruits and veg!

always go for brown sugar or turbinado instead of white sugar, and unbleached or whole wheat flour. i like to avoid fake sweeteners, too. basically the shorter the ingredient list the better!

nutritiondata.com is a great site. it breaks down all the nutrients in any food you enter and it will list "smarter choices" for any food also. you can keep a food diary that adds up the cals and nutrients in everything you eat for the day, and its sometimes really surprising to see what you hit or missed at the end of the day.

Good Luck!

--Andy

Welcome! When you say your a picky eater can you be a little more specific as to what you like to eat and what you don't like to eat? It would help me in giving you some recommendations if I knew your preferences. Good luck with your changes!

• 5 weeks later...