Hey!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

dpremo
Rabbit

Hey!

#1 Postby dpremo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:23 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new. My name's Dylan and I live in Northern California. I've only been a vegan for a few months although it seems like longer. And I've been a vegetarian for seven years (wow, that long?).

When I was eight my dad brought home some chinese food that had duck in it. I thought that ducks were cool and didn't want to contribute to their being killed, so I made an excuse why I didn't want any. Then I started trying to eat less meat in general because I came to the conclusion that no animal deserved to die for me to eat. After a few months I just told my parents I was vegetarian because I knew I was comitted by then and I stopped eating meat all together. :-)

I play guitar and I'm in a punk band called Painful Truth. I love music, mainly Metal and Punk but I like a lot of other stuff too. Some bands I like are Grateful Dead, Slayer, Pantera, Death, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dropkick Murphys, The Misfits, Dead Kennedys, and too many more to mention. I don't know if this is what I'm supposed to be talking about in this division, but hey, why not?

I haven't really started bodybuilding yet. (Maybe I have, is weight loss bodybuilding?). I used to be 185 pounds over a year ago and then last Summer I finally came down to 140 after a year's work. Recently I came back up to 160 and that sucks, but I'm losing it again. I did this with a caloric defficiency which worked really well. It also encouraged me to start eating healthier.

SlightlyBitchy
Rabbit

#2 Postby SlightlyBitchy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:36 am

where exactly in cali?

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:47 am

Hey Dylan,

Welcome to the group! I'm happy to see that you joined. There are tons of cool people here from all over the world and from all sprorts backgrounds so you'll meet new friends and learn a lot too.

We hope to hear more from you. Feel free to come by anytime buddy.

All the best,

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

flanders77
Elephant

#4 Postby flanders77 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:39 am

Welcome aboard! Eating healthy and working out is exactly what your (and every other) body needs :D
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Daywalker
Elephant

#5 Postby Daywalker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:39 am

Hi Dylan.

You are cleverer than me - great thing to become vegetarian so early! So you're 15/16 now?
I wouldn't recommend to start heavy weight training at that age, but sports and general fitness training is beneficial at every age, of course.

Enjoy the board, welcome 8)

Daywalker
No one said it would be easy.

Phoenix
Manatee

hey....

#6 Postby Phoenix » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:58 am

Welcome dylan.....
Do not let the endless possibilities blind you to your one true path.

SeaSiren
Elephant

#7 Postby SeaSiren » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 am

Welcome! :)

Crash
Elephant

#8 Postby Crash » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:08 am

Welcome ! 8)
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

dpremo
Rabbit

#9 Postby dpremo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:59 pm

SlightlyBitchy wrote:where exactly in cali?

Santa Cruz - about 45 minutes from San Jose (just over the hill) and 2 hours south of San Francisco

CollegeB
Elephant

#10 Postby CollegeB » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:35 pm

The Dead and Slayer...nice. :D

CrispyQ
Gorilla

#11 Postby CrispyQ » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:57 pm

Welcome Dylan!

I like your duck story & how it led to your veggieness. Cool. And your band name is great! Everyone could use some Painful Truth. :?

8)
Slavery is the fiction that people are objects; corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people. www.http://reclaimdemocracy.org/personhood/

Evan
Manatee

#12 Postby Evan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:28 pm

Yes, ducks are quite awesome, I hope to have some living with me before too long. They are so cute and make such a delightful sound and their poop is good for the garden. Let's all adopt a duck (if plausible)

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

Re: Hey!

#13 Postby compassionategirl » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:51 am

dpremo wrote:When I was eight my dad brought home some chinese food that had duck in it. I thought that ducks were cool and didn't want to contribute to their being killed, so I made an excuse why I didn't want any. Then I started trying to eat less meat in general because I came to the conclusion that no animal deserved to die for me to eat.

I wish more people would come to this conclusion. It really is SO plain and morally correct. **sighs***

Anyway, your intro made my day! :D Welcome and I look forward to gettin to know you better.

:wav:
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

Return to “Introductions”