Greetings from the Midwest.

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Thulpa
Rabbit

Greetings from the Midwest.

#1 Postby Thulpa » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Hello, my name is Steve, I am a bodybuilder from the Midwest. I have been in talks with Robert on another site, and finally decided to make a page here. I have a few questions, and will be posting them when I think of them.

I have been a serious lifter for many years, I take time off every now and again due to lack of motivation. I have always pushed myself really hard and I was always using recovery products to help me with my over zealousness. I was on several diets, and while looking for vegetarian cookbooks for my friend, I came across the Thrive Diet.

I was told by many people that you could not be vegetarian and a successful athlete. I gave up being a vegetarian originally because of this, and continued along a path to being a successful bodybuilder. The thrive diet was really eye opening, because it was a lifestyle that was being super athletic and being a vegetarian. Over time, my lifestyle became easier, and I was not missing out on anything. What I was doing was too much. I finally started to focus on lifting and decided that coming here would help me focus.

I am a heavy weight lifter, >250 lbs off season. I am in love with protein shakes, and they are more of a staple in winter times as additional meals. I am currently working on a super high protein meal plan, similar to a hard gainers diet. I am trying to hit 2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. Right now, I am hitting about 150 grams in protein shakes(pre workout, post workout, and evening shake). I am adjusting meal plans to include more protein, adding quinoa flour to foods, and including it in foods like Indian, and lots of Raw foods.

I look forward to hearing from Everyone. Thanks for reading.
Steve

Return to “Introductions”