Greetings from frosty Toronto...

Animal

Hello! This site is quite inspiring. I've been a vegan for well over a decade, but I am new to the world of body building. I am a 29 year old dude from Canada, eh? Very passionate about animals (but not in a sexual way), and about our responsibilities towards them. Other passions include music (particularly metal, hardcore and prog rock), guitar playing, technology (particularly computer related tech) and books (biography, fantasy, horror, politics, whatever).

I keep being told by carnivorous beefcakes that I won't get as big as they are if I don't start eating corpses too. I needed to see other vegans bulking up to pick up the morale. Its also great to see the advice and routines shared here. It would be ultra cool to meet people from Toronto for workouts or local vegan info exchange. BTW, Are there any other folks here into metal or hardcore music ?

I'm looking forward to making new buddies here. Keep the music heavy and the food vegan!

Welcome Animal!

You came to right place to find vegans with muscle!

Great to have you here. My friend Topher (screen name on here is Hero), is in to that kind of music too.)

You will make new vegan buddies here for sure. I come here everyday just to "hang out" online. A bunch of us have met in person before, in fact 3 of us on here lived together for a while. Others have hung out or met up for vegan events. I'm sure you'll find a few people from your city. Of course Nat is from there as she mentioned and maybe some others too.

Have a great time exploring around the site!

All the best,

Robert

O ya Animal, welcome. Been talking to you on the other thread. You're a pretty cool guy. Don't worry, it's possible to get big being vegan. VE is a really big guy (I think at least 270 last time I heard). Glad to hear you have been vegan for a decade too, that is a loong time! I have to leave you with this...."Guuuuooorrruuuoorrrrreeeee"

Jonathan: HOLY! 6'8?! I knew you were big but I didn't know you were that tall! My goodness.

Thanks again for the kind words. It is quite satisfying to see beefy vegan f$#@ers debunking the stereotype of a weak anemic herbivore. It makes me just want hit the gym again and storm those weights. This is getting me all fired up.

kylie: Animal is my real world nickname. I even had university profs who referred to me by that name. It got a bit out of control a few times when during formal occasions I was introduced as Mr. Animal.

kollision: private message me if you want me to supply you with some music involving gurgling grunts and murder shrieks. I have some really vile music on my hard drive that you may like. I put up a website for vegan metal and hardcore fans (www.veggielante.com), but I kinda lost momentum at some point. I have a few interviews and reviews I should have posted aeons ago.

Welcome Animal. There are a some metal and hardcore fans on this board. I like metal too, but don't really know what hardcore is. Guess its music like propaghandi, wich I also like.

welcome!

i know its nothing special, but thats my back in the avatar. ive been vegan 2 1/2 years, been training for that amount of time too, have gained 35kilos and im 6foot 8. maybe not what your beefcake gym acquiantances would expect!

jonathan

How much is 6foot 8 in meters?

Gym hater: Propaghandi are most definitely a hardcore band. I've heard that their older stuff is softer, but the track I've heard on the PETA benefit punk compilation from Fat Wreck records was excellent. It had fast angry energetic music, with great lyrics about the double standard we've set for animals. Very emotional song.

kollision: check your private mailbox. I've sent you my contact info. I don't own all of them. I've rented Whiplash before and really enjoyed running around the labs and liberating animals while vandalizing everything else. Quite the catharsis. I own a copy of Deer Avenger. I want to order Steer Madness, the video clip on their website blows my mind. The last one is my project, but I've put it on hold for a while. Its a Penguin simulator where you attack poachers and seal hunters. A personal fantasy of mine.

Hi!

I'm new here too, from Montreal, now in Phoenix.

I was told this morning (For the second time by a trainer) that I couldn't possibly get enough protein or build muscle by being Vegan. He was definately interested in making money with me, but when I mentionned my eating preferences I got the brush off. he said to go see someone else.... I'm FUMING!!

Hi!

I'm new here too, from Montreal, now in Phoenix.

I was told this morning (For the second time by a trainer) that I couldn't possibly get enough protein or build muscle by being Vegan. He was definately interested in making money with me, but when I mentionned my eating preferences I got the brush off. he said to go see someone else.... I'm FUMING!!

I don't use a trainer myself, but the gym I go to (goodlife fitness) has posters promoting their training programs (which include nutrition and workout routines). The posters mention that they also cater to vegetarians. Its not the trainers that have the misconceptions here it seems, its the heavy lifter patrons that seem to have these notions. And bodybuilder websites seem to spew the beef->muscle mantras. I've read a few articles that claimed that a soy based diet will reduce testosterone levels and decrease muscle growth potential and semen production in males. I'm not sure how 'scientific' these articles were, even if the authors had PHDs attached to their names. The point is that even if its total rubbish, being constantly told that does affect the morale. When a lie gets repeated enough times, even a rational person starts having occasional doubts.

kollision: check your private mailbox. I've sent you my contact info. I don't own all of them. I've rented Whiplash before and really enjoyed running around the labs and liberating animals while vandalizing everything else. Quite the catharsis. I own a copy of Deer Avenger. I want to order Steer Madness, the video clip on their website blows my mind. The last one is my project, but I've put it on hold for a while. Its a Penguin simulator where you attack poachers and seal hunters. A personal fantasy of mine.

Going to check it, thanks!

So you are a computer programmer? That's cool! Good luck on making it, sounds cool. Hopefull they'll get a hint at it from the game

Whiplash, I'll have to give it a try. Do you kill people at all?