Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hey everybody
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:56 pm 
Rabbit

Just joined on here because I got tired of the other bodybuilding boards blatant biasts (wow that's quite the aliteration) towards non meat eating lifters. It's great to see some other lifters who don't have the old school thought process. Anyways, a little about me;
I'm 24, well in a few weeks, I have been Veg for a year now (yeah I'm still a newbie), and have been lifting for roughly 10 years. I was certified by ACE some 6 years ago, and need to get re certed again.

Anyways, ever since going Veg my workouts have been incredible, my energy is out of this world, I recover like I'm indestructible, and it's never been easier to keep fat off. I'll never understand why of all people, bodybuilders haven't all gone Veg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:59 pm 
Stegosaurus

welcome!

:wav:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our Team!

We have a number of competitive bodybuilders, strong-men, powerlifters, runners, martial artists, cyclists, etc. in this group.

Thanks for coming over to find us and for introducing yourself. It sounds like you could write a great testimonial for vegan sports!

I like that quote you listed at the end.

"Ever since going Veg my workouts have been incredible, my energy is out of this world, I recover like I'm indestructible, and it's never been easier to keep fat off. I'll never understand why of all people, bodybuilders haven't all gone Veg."

----If you don't mind, I'd like to use that on the main website in the quotes section.

Welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:48 pm 
Elephant

Hello and welcome Theomen!

I am certified with ISSA. I think Bill Pearl (he was a bodybuilder and Mr Universe) is an ovo lacto vegetarian. He even won Mr. Universe when he was ovo-lacto. He is one of the board members for ISSA too. But still, that's not vegan and I agree with you that a lot of them should. But if they did, there would be no more use of steroids, and I doubt they are willing to give that up.

Good luck on getting recert. Is it gonna be with ACE again or a new company?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 am 
Elephant

Hey Theomen, welcome.

I like that quote, too :)
Looking forward to your input on training. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:26 am 
Elephant

Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 am 
Rabbit

Welcome Theomen!
From reading Arnolds Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, I've got the impression that competitive bodybuilders are quite susceptible to psychological terror -- even the more subtle, self-imposed forms. I think this partially explains why so few BB'ers give up meat: They may suffer from the delusion that eating in a radically different way than the remaining competitors is automatically a BAD thing, and hence will make them smaller compared to the other guys. You can give them all the empirical facts in the world, that this is not so, and they shall still be reluctant to exclude meat from their diets. Nevertheless, Bill Pearl broke the cycle with his lacto-ovo diet.

Have a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:20 am 
Site Admin

exciton wrote:
Welcome Theomen!
From reading Arnolds Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, I've got the impression that competitive bodybuilders are quite susceptible to psychological terror -- even the more subtle, self-imposed forms. I think this partially explains why so few BB'ers give up meat: They may suffer from the delusion that eating in a radically different way than the remaining competitors is automatically a BAD thing, and hence will make them smaller compared to the other guys. You can give them all the empirical facts in the world, that this is not so, and they shall still be reluctant to exclude meat from their diets. Nevertheless, Bill Pearl broke the cycle with his lacto-ovo diet.

Have a good one!

Heh, that seems to be the case with most meat-eaters, not just bodybuilders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:26 am 
Rabbit

Come to think of it.. yes, you are right. It is a quite universal phenomenon.

BTW, you make some mean tunes man! Just checked out your website. In addition to playing all instruments and mixing your tracks, I assume you also perform the mastering yourself?

Richard wrote:
exciton wrote:
Welcome Theomen!

Have a good one!

Heh, that seems to be the case with most meat-eaters, not just bodybuilders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:54 am 
Site Admin

Don't wanna steal this thread, but yeah I do the mastering and what not :) you can ask me more about it in the other thread about my site if you like: viewtopic.php?t=750

Post subject: hey..
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:07 am 
Manatee

Welcome aboard theomen......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:06 am 
Elephant

Welcome ! :D

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:39 am 
Rabbit

thanks all, and expect alot of intelligent participation from this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:20 am 
Elephant

Welcome! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:59 am 
Gorilla

Welcome, theomen!

8)