Hey there, I'm new!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

yogita chiquita
Rabbit

Hey there, I'm new!

#1 Postby yogita chiquita » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 pm

My hubby was right, this really IS a great site! :D

I just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Kristy and I've been vegan for almost a whole year! This is one of the best things I've ever done - for animals, for the earth, for myself - I'm very proud of it! I'm excited to have the opportunity to pick the brains of like-minded folk, it's going to be nice not to feel like the odd-gal out for a change!

Alittle about me - recently married and loving it, I've recently started going back to a formal yoga class after a long hiatus with the occassional self-instruction (I'm just not disciplined enough to do a good job on my own!), and I love snowboarding.

It'll be nice to meet everyone, thanks for having me!

SeaSiren
Elephant

#2 Postby SeaSiren » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:51 pm

Welcome! :)

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:39 pm

Welcome Yogita Chiquita,

Is your husband on the forum? Tell him thank you from me for introducing you to the site.

Great to have you here and you will have tons of fun, learn all kinds of stuff, and find all sorts of motivation.

Thanks for joining and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

yogita chiquita
Rabbit

#4 Postby yogita chiquita » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Is your husband on the forum? Tell him thank you from me for introducing you to the site.

Yep, he's finbarrio, I know he just joined recently. He's been telling me I need to take a gander at your site, that it's more than just bodybuilding, so here I am! Hoping to broaden my vegan horizons a bit here! Recipes, working out, whatever!

Thanks for the welcome!

robert
Site Admin

#5 Postby robert » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:54 pm

Oh cool :P

Yeah, I think people are intimidated at first when they hear it is a "bodybuilding" site, which it is, but it is also a general vegan site and this forum is a section of the website and is dedicated to all types of topics from Animal Rights to Relationships to Powerlifting.

I'm really glad you both found the site and enjoy it so far. We have a pretty neat group.

Have fun!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kollision
Elephant

#6 Postby kollision » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard

VirgoKitten
Rabbit

Hello Yogita

#7 Postby VirgoKitten » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:38 am

We're both new! I'm so happy to have found this site as well.

Maybe we can swap recipies sometime :wink:

offense74
Elephant

#8 Postby offense74 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:46 am

Welcome :D !
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

Daywalker
Elephant

#9 Postby Daywalker » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:29 am

Welcome, Yogita :D

It's a bodybuilding site and more - an awesome vegan community. Bodybuilders and vegans alike can feel home here and not be the odd one :)
No one said it would be easy.

exciton
Rabbit

#10 Postby exciton » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:22 am

Hi and welcome Yogita!

finbarrio
Elephant

#11 Postby finbarrio » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:23 pm

Welcome Yogita Chiquita!!! Cute name, hun - I guess that translates to "Mexican Yoga Guru".
I told you this was an awesome site!

robert wrote:Yeah, I think people are intimidated at first when they hear it is a "bodybuilding" site, which it is, but it is also a general vegan site and this forum is a section of the website and is dedicated to all types of topics from Animal Rights to Relationships to Powerlifting.

Definitely! I guess my view is that this IS a bodybuilding site, and though I'm not a bodybuilder, I really respect them, and I certainly can learn a lot from bodybuilders that will make me a stronger athlete in general. And, I probably have a lot more in common with the people on this forum (the vegan/animal welfare/rights thang) than I do with people on my mountain biking forums. And, when I see picutes of some of the huge and fit people on this forum, I am even more certain that vegan and fitness go hand-in-hand. And, it's good to read and share the experiences of being a vegan athlete. Booyah!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#12 Postby compassionategirl » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:10 pm

So nice to have you here!

:party:
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

CrispyQ
Gorilla

#13 Postby CrispyQ » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:19 am

Welcome Yogita Chiquita! Great screen name. :lol:

And who is the beautiful dog in your avatar?
Slavery is the fiction that people are objects; corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people. www.http://reclaimdemocracy.org/personhood/

Phoenix
Manatee

hi...

#14 Postby Phoenix » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:34 am

Welcome aboard Yogita...... :lol:
Do not let the endless possibilities blind you to your one true path.

Crash
Elephant

#15 Postby Crash » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:20 pm

Welcome ! :D
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Return to “Introductions”