I never made a proper introduction.

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

notguilty
Rabbit

I never made a proper introduction.

#1 Postby notguilty » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 am

Hi, I'm Damien and I'm a recently recruited vegan, previously vegetarian for years. I have a father who had a short career in bodybuilding and has made a career teaching physical education in university, and a mother who's been off/on vegetarian and involved with animal rescue since I was a child. I'm skinny (5'10", 175lbs), have no muscle definition, and can barely manage a set of twenty pushups. I want to gain size and strength, with no particular goals other than looking and feeling better. I used to train regularly with Starting Strength program and made decent gains, but I made a lifestyle change and decided to spend time studying eastern religion instead of typical teenage pursuits, and I've been vegetarian since (three years!). I'm currently on a cardio/bodyweight routine, but I'm going to college that provides a free gym for students, and when I feel comfortable I'll begin a 5x5 freeweight program. I'm a bit self-conscious and don't want to walk into a gym looking like a sapling, but I will get over it eventually. I'm concentrating on a proper diet plan at the moment, and will progress routines when I'm comfortable with daily nutrition.
Last edited by notguilty on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

notguilty
Rabbit

Re: I never made a proper introduction.

#2 Postby notguilty » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am

Here is a book my father wrote awhile back while teaching at NCCU, for anybody interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Traini ... 1594602204

Return to “Introductions”