Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:19 pm 
Rabbit

I will definitley look into that. I eat oatmeal daily as well as fruits like grapefruit and berries. Brown rice is also one of my favorites. I thought nuts were nut good to eat? But I do eat some nuts natural peanut butter. Veggie burgers as well..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:09 pm 
Elephant

Nuts are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:01 pm 
Rabbit

Okay thats good to know. I know somethings like you said are not acceptable because some of them have animal parts or something like that like protein shakes etc. Thanks for the input. Is being a vegan similair to raw foods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:08 pm 
Elephant

RAW food vegan is a vegan but they only eat raw foods. There are other vegans that dont eat only raw foods as well. Still both are vegans as they dont consume animal products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:22 pm 
Rabbit

a friend of mine is a raw food eater but he eats meat but raw meat. He does occasionally snack on cakes if he really needs it although it is processed he is in amazing shape. I want to go 100 percent vegan! I dont want necessarily to get out of the bodybuilding lifestyle. But get back into gymnastics and dancing. Try to lose 15-20lbs maintain some lean muscle. Right now making a transition is difficult because I am also making another lifestlye change as I am switching to a vegan lifestyle ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:13 pm 
Elephant

Ah you meant raw food in general. I thought you were speaking of Raw Food Vegan, because there is such a thing as well. Raw meat is not considered vegan. Vegan is anything that is not from animals. Milk, Meat, etc. is not vegan.

Gymnastics is really good. I have seen the bodies of people in gymnastics and all I can say is WOW! A lot of upper body strength in gymnastics and they really build up your arms.

As for the transition, it really isnt that hard. Stick to your morals and youll surf through it with ease.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:41 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the support. Right Now I am trying to make the transition as smooth as possible with the help of everybody. So I can see exactly what is needed. Other then that! Thanks guys for the support. What I really need now is what I am gonna structure my diet around. What is good for breakfast etc. You guys have plenty of ideas so now protein is my biggest. Going to Costco this weekend. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:35 pm 
Elephant

jeanice wrote:
Thanks for the support. Right Now I am trying to make the transition as smooth as possible with the help of everybody. So I can see exactly what is needed. Other then that! Thanks guys for the support. What I really need now is what I am gonna structure my diet around. What is good for breakfast etc. You guys have plenty of ideas so now protein is my biggest. Going to Costco this weekend. :lol:

Thats exactly where I buy my tofu at!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:16 pm 
Rabbit

What are your usual sources of protein that you use kollisio? Veggie Burgers and Tofu? I am def. into high protein. Got all my carbs. So I am good to go. Just need soy supps and of course the other proteins. Maybe some natural pb as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:11 pm 
Elephant

Veggie Burgers, Tofu, all kinds of good stuff! I dont really look at the back of boxes for macronutrient ratios (I only check to see if it is vegan or not), but I still grow in size and strength. A tip for you and others reading. If there is any Cholesterol, its for sure not Vegan. Cholesterol comes from animals because of their liver. However, if there is no Cholesterol, look at the ingredients for whey, glycerol, stereate, and anything else that may be animal related. Basically:

Cholesterol is a sure note that it is from an animal
No cholesterol could either be still from an animal (it being less than a mg) or could be vegan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:04 am 
Rabbit

Thanks for the info. I am going to pick up some boca burgers and some tofu 2nite. Possibly some soy milk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:19 pm 
Elephant

YUMMY, BOCA BURGERS! They used to sell them at the Costco down here but I havent seen them in awhile. Have a great dinner :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:21 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Jeanice,

let me first tell you how wonderful it is that you have chosen to become an organic vegan! Well done. Next let me give you a couple of hints when it coems to sticking to this new lifestyle. First educate yourself. When I first became a vegan (and believe me I couldn't find any references at all. I only met fat vegetarians :? ) Try and buy, or borrow some really god vegan cook books. I have a book called Vegetarian Cokking Without which I use quite regularly (make up large portions and freeze them, then just zap later for convenience). Try the library for some refernce books for a vegan lifestyle as you'd be surprised what animal products are actually hidden in packaged foods. Most beers, for example, is filtered with by products of animals.

Be aware of your nutritional needs also. Its so easy to lose loads of bodyfat if you're not careful. I was sporting a bodyfat of around 13-15% without any effort at all when I first chose to become vegan (thats just after I chose the lifestyle). I ended up anemiac (mind you I have always been a border line with my heamoglobin count anyway), and you can imagine everyone elses reaction regarding that! Loads of "see I told you its not healthy!"

I'm sure you'll really excel. Hope to see you on the circuit as a vegan competitor!
:D
Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:22 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks so much Savebabe. Right now I am stil learning. But it is a growing progress. Also. Losing BF is something I need to do because of competeing. So how long before that happened? That your body fat went down so low?

What are your daily meals like? I love food, so I need to know what is good. Or somethings you suggest?!?!?

Thanks
Jeanice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:35 pm 
Elephant

Hey, Welcome, Rice, Pea, and hemp protein are also available for shakes. And seitan to eat, even though it can be a pain in the butt to master. Definately pick up a book on veg nutrition. It can be hard to get it right, but since you are already in great shape you prolly won't have much of a problem.

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming