Good Morning from sunny & snowy Winnipeg, Manitoba, Cana

JW

I found you on a Google search yesterday and I'm already hooked!

Funny how motivating it can be, just having a group of similar minded individuals together.

I am a sportsminded 43 yearold father of 2. Our family has been vegetarian for 2 years and counting. I have been moving towards Vegan over the last year. (My diet is vegan, but I still must transition my wardrobe, wallet etc....)

I have always been an animal lover, but it somehow took me until I was 40 to fully realize the consequences of my actions. Our society is so spoiled, so easy......... the meat is just there in the restaurant or at the supermarket fully prepared. When I finally "woke up" and realized where the meat was coming from, I realized that I could NEVER kill an animal to eat it.......such hypocrisy I have lived mith all these years!

The more research I did, the more committed I became. Watching Peaceable Kingdom was quite a powerful experience for me. I am fascinated with statistics and how the relate to vegetarianism/veganism....

such as the environmental impact of raising a dairy cow, or how many animals are "saved" by not eating meat or by inviting meat eating friends over for meatless meals. (small steps lead to big leaps!) Anyone know a good source for such information?

On a lighter note, I look forward to reading more threads and in participating in discussions relating to fitness, diet & ethics

Glad to be here!!!!!!

Yay! Glad to have you here. What a great introduction!

What kind of sports are you into?

Converting the "meatless" to vegan, some find, is actually more difficult: They have a hard time letting go of that last bit of dairy.

Welcome !:hello1:

:blob3: Yay! Glad to have you here. What a great introduction!

What kind of sports are you into?

well, at this point...anything my body will allow lol

I grew up with soccer, volleyball, and curling (it's a canadian thing!)

A nasty ankle injury put an end to most high impact sports.

I did some long distance running for a few years, completed a few half and one full marathon, now I've set my sights on body building. (this should be good....been a hard gainer all my life)

It's all good! just want to keep active and healthy!