heyo

blazin6543

hey im 23 from canada...... dont weight lift anymore but hopefully 1day get back into it..... i used to weight lift b4 eating vegan but now i just try to stay healthy

i actually have a question....how much $$$ do you guys put into vegan nutrition for bodybuilding??? because im having a hard enough time to afford just normal eating not including tons more i would need if i went back to weight lifting

Welcome to the board .

i actually have a question....how much $$$ do you guys put into vegan nutrition for bodybuilding??? because im having a hard enough time to afford just normal eating not including tons more i would need if i went back to weight lifting

Hmm, you dont have to spend that much extra money on food just because you start lifting. You could basically just eat more pasta and beans which are cheap stuff .

Welcome to the forum!

I wrote an article about bodybuilding on a low budget. I'll try to find it and post it. Bodybuilding can get expensive depending on what foods you eat and how much, but it doesn't have to be.

Have a great time on the forum and check out all the links in nutrition and bodybuilding and you'll be all set. Post any questions you have as well.

tnx guys .... and ya that article would be awsome

when i was lifting i was eating tons and tons of milk, eggs and meat.... now its somewhat hard to get the same amount ..... i love the hemp & quinoa but to receive the same amount of protein costs so much more (i assume).... eating pasta and beans gets boring lol .... i know i know experiment with recipes lol but still

true true ..... i've found that out its really remarkable how good i feel even thought im not eating alot of crappy food i ate before eating vegan ..... still have a lot of learning to do considering i just start in december ..... all im really concerned about is my b12 but i hoping my greens+ multi will help me with that

That's what I don't understand, the whole B12 thing. They say it takes years to become "defficient" in B12, yet they promote a "supplement" to be taken daily?? how much B12 do you need?? and I've been understanding that if you take vitamins in excess that your body will FLUSH out said vitamin.

It seems to me like it's scare tactics to get the consumer to buy "supplements"

It's been 4 years, and I have not taken a single B12 supplement.. but then again, I may be consuming it elsewhere?

well i didnt wanna post anything incorrectly so i went to one of my favorite health books and heres what it said:

"Only 3-4 mcg. are needed at minimum, ..."

my multivitamins have 20mcg and my greens+multi has 200mcg so i think im doing ok with b12

"Cobalamin is absorbed primarily from the last part of the small intestine, the ileum. In the blood, it is bound to a protein globulin to be carried to the various tissues. The body actually stores vitamin b12, so any deficiencies may take several years to develop..."

it is true also supplements are way too hyped up these days. its called profits and companies are driven by $$$ not by peoples health these days. there are great companies but most i believe are concerned about the dollar.