hello from holland

Last of the Sane

Hey everybody,

I just joined the this board today and i thought i'd be nice to introduce myself

My name is Sacco, i'm a 22 yr old guy fom Holland. I like music (hardcore,metalcore,metal and sometimes hiphop),philosophy, art, BMX and lots of other stuff.

I joined this board because I feel that you don't need animal products to be healthy and that being a vegan does not mean you're a wimp, and thought it'd be nice to meet people who feel the same way.

That's about enough for now i hope....

Sacco

Welcome Sacco!

Great to have you here. It is nice to get people joining from all over the world. If you know vegan friends in your area, encourage them to join us too

I'm sure you'll have fun here and make some cool new friends. That is how it has worked for me.

It is home away from home for me these days

All the best and Welcome Aboard!

Hey Sacco,

I'm pretty new here myself, but welcome.

I enjoy metal music too, and am currently doing a trip hop music project. I love art as well, and I plan to return to school to major in it (particularly illustration).

Also, I agree with you -- being vegan doesn't make you a wimp. It's pretty frustrating to deal with the stereotypes people tend to label vegans with! But in the long run, I enjoy showing people that the negative notions they have of most vegans, are wrong.

Edited by teanyrican

Welkom Sacco,

Als je de sterkste man competitie beelden van enkele vegans van dit bord ziet dan denk je zeker niet aan zwakkelingen. Ieder zijn discipline. Veelzijdigheid bij vegans is even groot als bij niet vegans alleen zijn vegans over het algemeen gezonder.

Ga je naar de POR show in Arnhem?

The problem is that alot of "wimps" seem to be vegan, so the mass (herd) seem to stereotype ALL vegans as being "wimps".

Mind you, if taking care of your body, caring about your animal friends, and reducing the damage you're doing to the environment, constitutes being a "wimp"

Then baby, I'm the biggest wimp around.

Hey there, thanx for the warm welcome everyone!

teanyrican, is there anyway i can hear yor project? It's always nice to hear some new music

raw ambition, that's definitely not how i define wimp, 'cause according to thjat definition i'd be a wimp too

runner, ik denk niet dat ik naar de POR show ga, ik vind de andere bands die komen niet echt fantastisch en als ik het me goed herinner is het op 30 april (toch?) en dan heb ik andere dingen te doen. Ga jij wel? Ga je vaker naar shows in de regio arnhem/nijmegen?

Sacco

No problem, I just like meeting new people

I know my share of beer and fries vegans around here too

Of course, 10 years ago I was a chips and salsa, noodles and bagels vegan. Not that those are bad foods, but other than a bit of fruit, that is pretty much ALL I ate.

Welcome again

Of course, 10 years ago I was a chips and salsa, noodles and bagels vegan. Not that those are bad foods, but other than a bit of fruit, that is pretty much ALL I ate.

So what you are saying is that I'm not eating right? LOL

Ik ga vrij weinig naar shows, maar wilde hier een uitzondering voor maken. Er komen ook wat vrienden uit spanje speciaal voor die show. Koninginnedag is de 29e doordat het anders op een zondag zou zijn. best suf

hier een vegan xxx band uit Amsterdam http://www.myspace.com/eyeofjudgement

zelf speel ik helaas geen instrument en kan ik ook niet zingen..

sorry for the non Dutch speakers we are talking about a show from Path of Resistance in the Netherlands. the link is from a vegan sxe band from Amsterdam (not from me i'm not a musician)

Hey Runner,

In english this time, for the offchance that there might be people here that don't understand dutch..

If Queensday is rescheduled (didn't know they could do that) I might be able to go to the show, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Am I correct if I assume that you are straight edge? Since you listen to Path of Resistance and posted the xEye of Judgementx link...

Sacco

Um yes or no..

I never put an x on my hand but i don't drink or use other illigal drugs..

it depends on the definition .. I use tea sometimes coffee a couple off times a year.. sugar,..

I don't use the term, but like aspects from the philosophy

not sure if there are still tickets for the show.. think it's pretty populair.. do you go to Amsterdam?

Queensday is on sathurday because of the protestand ideal not to work on sunday.. I know that most people don't see queensday as work.. but that's why they changed it...

I love to see it!

We are doing variou meet-ups in the US as well.

I'm sponsoring one in the Northwest soon, VeganEssentials and I had one in California that involved a few others too, and I'm trying to get one going in Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania too.

It looks like the German group had a good time training and eating. I like seeing these events going on. Networking and building a community are what I'm all about!

I hope it works out for you guys.

Rob