Hello from Portland, Oregon

loveliberate

Hola!

Thanks for having such great forums!

I live in Portland, Oregon, usa - stop by & visit if you are in the area! By the way, how many folks here are from Oregon, Washington or BC?

I'd love to meet folks from here in person!

About me: 28yo, vegan since 14 - my partner & 3 kids (ages 7,4,2) all vegan - the kids since before birth. We lean towards organic, natural &/or raw foods. I love to travel, explore new places & meet new folks. I enjoy being outdoors & would love doing more outdoor sports: hiking, mtn. biking, skiing, snowshowing, canoeing, rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and similar. I'm also into most everything related to self-defense,

Please feel free to ask me questions!

Bye for now.

Edited by loveliberate

Welcome to the group!

Loveliberate and I met in person at the Portland VegFest last month. It was a pretty fun event and we got to chat for a bit, not as long as either of us would have liked since we were both working the whole time, at different booths.

Hey buddy, let's work together on some projects. I'll be up in Portland a lot i the near future, including Saturday April 22nd, the day of my bodybuilding competition in Portland. Come on out and watch if you get the opportunity.

Thanks again for joining and welcome aboard!

P.S. we actually have quite a few people from Oregon on here, mostly up in Portland.

Off the top of my head, here are some from Oregon. I know there are others, but I these are the most active members from these areas:

Portland

Aaron

Madcat

CO

Corvallis

Robert

Veggymeggy

Vamprilla

When I'm up in Portland in the near future, I'll recruit more locals to join.

Robert, I prefer to be put in the Portland category I spend almost equal time in both cities and Portland is home (ok fine, Beaverton. I can't lie, I live in a suburb )

Aaaaaanyway, that's all neither here nor there, the important thing to say is, welcome!!!!!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Robert,

I'm always up for helping with cool projects. I'm still waiting for info on the cost, time and address for your BB competition but we're planning on being there. Anyone else from here coming out for that?

I'll also be active here on these forums as much as my limited time permits.

One of these days, I'd like to come down and check out the Corvallis area - I'd love to hear suggestions of things to do and see, places to meet folks, etc.

Bye for now!

Hey man, bad news......my contest in Portland got canceled. So I won't be competing there afterall. I love competing in Portland in front of friends and family but they didn't get enough entries this time and called it off. There is a big show the same day near Seattle and that played a factor in our low turnout.

So I'll be heading down to California to compete there instead.

I think we'll arrage a Portland meet-up sometime.

I just announced on the forum that I took a new job working for Vega and I'll be pretty much based in Portland will mostly likely move there within a few months.

Once I'm there I will be able to get involved in the community a lot and probably get another dozen or more Portlanders to join the forum and we can do a variety of meet-ups there.

I'm headed up to Canada on Wed or Thur to spend a week up there, but I'll be in Portland very soon, so we can kick it.

All the best man, and we look forward to seeing you on here. Our NW crowd continues to grow.

Sorry to hear that your contest here got canceled Robert.

A Portland meet-up sounds great - I'll be happy to help organize it if you like. I'm a member at People's (All Veggie!) Co-op and can reserve the community room there sometime for a meet-up...

A new job working for Vega? Good for you! What will you be doing with them? Do you happen to know if they have or will have any positions coming open? After checking out their products while visiting BC, I've been considering contacting them about job possibilities.

Thanks for offering to help organize a Portland meet-up. I think that will be really cool since there are half a dozen of us in the area and we could bring friends/family and make it a good-sized gathering.

For Vega, I will be a sales rep/spokesperson. I'm actually heading up to B.C on Thursday to meet up with the Vega crew to spend a week up there doing some training and attending a big health expo.

Feel free to contact them if you have questions about possible opportunies. They are pretty cool and a nice group of people.

I hope to see you in Portland soon. Once I get back from B.C. I'll be spending a lot of time in Portland.

See ya.