Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vegercize
Rabbit

#1 Postby Vegercize » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 am

Morning all!

I'm a 27 year old Aussie chick who is currently living in Southern California for 12 months. I have been vego for a while but converted to vegan about 3 months ago. Loving the diet and finding it real easy and tasty (except when eating out on occasion). I have always been an endurance athlete but have decided to add some strength into the mix so have been hitting the gym for a few months (mostly upper body). I have made some nice strength gains so far.

I have been reading this forum for a while now but wanted to say hi and keep up the good work everyone!

:mrgreen:
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it. Our Attitude towards life determines life's attitude towards us.

juliancw
Rabbit

Re: New member

#2 Postby juliancw » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:20 am

Hey!

Im new too, close to making the transition to being a vegan, (been modifying my diet the past few days) . I always wondered how hard it would be to find something to eat while going out, I mean its pretty average finding a decent meal on the go while being vegetarian around my area!

Vegercize
Rabbit

#3 Postby Vegercize » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 am

juliancw wrote:Hey!

Im new too, close to making the transition to being a vegan, (been modifying my diet the past few days) . I always wondered how hard it would be to find something to eat while going out, I mean its pretty average finding a decent meal on the go while being vegetarian around my area!

I guess it depends where you are living, but I have always found Melbourne to be pretty accommodating, open and various in terms of their vego options. Have you been to Vege-Bar in Fitzroy? http://www.vegiebar.com.au/ Mmmmmmm so good! This place is also great http://www.soulfoodcafe.com.au/

If you google Vegan Melbourne you get quite a few options. Try living in the middle of the Californian desert... it's not as easy :) Or France... I went there recently to watch the Tour De France and it was a night-mare! :D
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it. Our Attitude towards life determines life's attitude towards us.

juliancw
Rabbit

#4 Postby juliancw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 am

hey :)

I went out last night for dinner to a local place and they were more than happy to cook me a bunch of suitable things.

Thanks for the links, i live on the other side of the city though lol but I did a google search and bookmarked a few close ones :p

As for eating while traveling around, i totally get what you mean when you say is aint easy! I remember going to Germany 2 years ago and everythings either meat or dairy......apart from their beer ofcourse lol

emma1488
Rabbit

#5 Postby emma1488 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 pm

It is very hard to find vegan foods when eating out. I try to get to the only vegan restaurant in my city as a preference. Otherwise I always try to suss out the menu online before I go there, otherwise I end up with a bowl of chips :psycho:
I've started getting more confidence in requesting my food to be vegan. I say specifically 'i want this, without this or this, but add this, THANKS :zunge: '.... Otherwise you could say you have allergies and then they feel bad :lachmal:

juliancw
Rabbit

#6 Postby juliancw » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:26 pm

emma1488 wrote:

It is very hard to find vegan foods when eating out. I try to get to the only vegan restaurant in my city as a preference. Otherwise I always try to suss out the menu online before I go there, otherwise I end up with a bowl of chips :psycho:
I've started getting more confidence in requesting my food to be vegan. I say specifically 'i want this, without this or this, but add this, THANKS :zunge: '.... Otherwise you could say you have allergies and then they feel bad :lachmal:

Lol I hear to old chip method gets used often but I see nothing wrong with it if its used just as a quick-fill on the go kind of thing. When I ask places about vegan preferences I ask about it the same way as someone would ask if they could have lamb in a wrap instead of chicken, it changes their reaction because im so casual and upfront about it.

Hope that made sense im winding down after a long study sess!

Return to “Introductions”