Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just joined
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 am 
Finch

Hi all,
My juser nam e is jalanutan, which is Indonesian for 'walk in the forest'. I've been vegan for almost two years, and go to my local gym almost each day. I found that I lost around four kilos, but have stabilised at around 64-65 kilos. I can't seem to put on weight, yet I'm progressively becoming stronger. I'm 58yrs old, so that maybe why I'm not building muscle. I feel that my muscles are becoming more efficient, cause I am as strong as some of the guys at my gym, even thought they look bigger. Anyway, I'd like to get to know some of you, and maybe learn from you, how to gain muscle.
Cheers,
jalanutan

Post subject: Re: Just joined
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:17 pm 
Finch

HI, your never too old to gain muscle, look up on youtube elderly people in body building competitions and the amazing and inspirational bodies some of them have (thats how i vision myself in 50 years time!)..

Building muscle is a scientific process, there are certain rep and weight ranges the individual needs to undertake to gain hypertrophy (muscle enlargening growth), muscles can become stronger without getting bigger depending on the type and intensity of the exersize.. just as they can become bigger depending on the type and intensity of the exercise..

You must eat a good amount of carbs and protein (around 2.2g of protein x bodyweight) per day especially before and after exercise, there are other stimulants and supplements that encourage growth such as Tribulus for example, a plant which enhances testosterone.
Its all very scientific, the book robert cheeke has written on vegan body building will explain alot, Im thinking of getting it, or it is very very helpful to get a good personal trainer who knows what they are talking about, even for a few months.. so that you can get the hang of all the science behind it.. Im no expert but my boyfriend is a body builder who placed 3rd in Australia and 2nd in our state.. so i kinda understand a little..

hope that helps...