Greetings everyone!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

flanders77
Elephant

#16 Postby flanders77 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:59 am

Welcome! Enjoy your stay and of course being vegan!
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#17 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Raw Ambition wrote:Hi Courtney!

welcome to VBB! I thought Fast Food Nation was a fantastic book, I'd also recommend "Mad Cowboy" by Howard Lyman. Another fantastic read.

How are things going with the flooding this year? Congratulations on your descision to becoming healthier, believe me, you will NOT be dissapointed

Hi and thanks! :) I will have to check out "Mad Cowboy" and see how it is. Thanks for the book recommendation.

Fortunately the flooding did not affect me at all. Although I do live a few blocks from the river, it never affected my part of Fargo. I kind of live in the northern part away from where the bulk of the bad flooding took place.

I am liking my new lifestyle so far. :) It's great, healthy, and doesn't hurt living things!
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#18 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:43 pm

JW wrote:Welcome Courtney!

Fast Food Nation was the turning point for me too!
I went vegetarian then vegan a couple years later.

I work for a Foodservices company which supplies restaurants.
I don't have to work with meat or cooking of meat but it is sure tough sometimes.

Yeah, it is. I am glad that I am not the only person who read Fast Food Nation and had a light lulb go off in their head. ;) Nice to meet you!
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#19 Postby compassionategirl » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:37 pm

VeganGirl2006 wrote:
I am liking my new lifestyle so far. :) It's great, healthy, and doesn't hurt living things!

:party:

By the way, Courtney, it is great that you are reading up on these issues. It is a good way to speak knowledgeably of veganism when you are asked a million questions or even questioned/challenged by omnis.

Also, i HIGHLY recommend you watch this. It is only a 14 minute documentary and it is, in my opinion, a must see for everybody, especially a new vegan!

www.meetyourmeat.com (click on the Meet your Meat video link from there, and make sure your speakers are on so you could here the narration).

Good that you care about making informed consumer choices.

And welcome again!
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

Tarz
Elephant

#20 Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:36 am

endcruelty wrote:o wow you're vegan and work for mcdonalds??? that should be interesting :shock:

That's what I thought too when I say the thread on VeganGirl's new job. In all fairness though she has only been a vegan for a matter of days - it sounds like the decision was very sudden, rather than the gradual path most of us take - and we've all gotta keep paying the bills. :wink:

Anyway hello and well done on becoming vegan VeganGirl, and I'm glad it's goin so well for ya so far. :D
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.

Tarz
Elephant

#21 Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:41 am

compassionategirl wrote::party:

No offense meant VeganGirl or anyone else who has had a emoticon party reply from compassiontegirl. Does anyone else want to burst those bloody balloons and trip those silly things up so they stop that stupid dance, that appear in about half of CG's posts.
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#22 Postby compassionategirl » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:20 am

Tarz,

I think endcruelty's comments were more intrigue, not criticism.

And, kind sir, this one's for you: :twisted:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

Return to “Introductions”