Hey everybody

BJJVegan

Hey everybody,

My name is Brent Smith. Ive been vegan for a mere 2 months. But for me there is no turning back ever. I train in a style of martial arts called Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It really keeps me active. I just recently started lifting weights so i can try and put on some more muscle. I'm 5'10 and I only weigh 146 lbs. Im tired of being the skronny guy. But i wont be for long .

I just recently found this site and i thought it was really cool cause the main image people think of when they think of a vegan is a malnorished skin and bones type of person. Its great to see all these athletes showing how things really are for us. Vegans rock!! Thats all i have to say about that.

Hey Brent, nice to see you on here. And cool to have another Oregonian too!

That sounds like a pretty intense sport/style of training. We have a number of people here into various forms of martial arts.

So as Finn said, check them out in the Other Sports section.

Welcome aboard, great to have you here!

Well to be honest the vegan scene isnt too big here. But it is slowly growing. Right now there prob only a handful of us. There are alot of vegetarians...who eat fish...well dont get me started on that one. But anyways im tryin to get the word out. You know save as many lives as i can

Most def. I think Royce is gonna take it to Matt Hughes. The only thing is whoever wins between Matt Hughes and Royce Gracie is gonna fight George St. Pierre (my favorite fighter). And i was hoping for a rematch between Matt Hughes and George St. Pierre. So it might be a bit before George gets his revenge. But anyways im rootin for Royce.

Its really funny actually. Because i dont know a single vegan that fits that description. All the vegans i know care so much about their bodies that they are no where near malnourished. And are also the healthiest people i know.

Several years ago I bought some magazine subscriptions from a young woman going door to door raising funds for some organization. She was so outgoing & upbeat I couldn't say no. One of the mags I chose was a veggie mag & she asked if I was vegetarian. I said yes, for several years now. She looked me over & said, "You don't look like a vegetarian." I asked her what a vegetarian looked like & she replied, "You know, all sickly with bad skin." I LOL at that & said, "Yeah that's me."