Hey y'all

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

lameguy
Finch

Hey y'all

#1 Postby lameguy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm a 21 year old student living in Chicago thinking about switching to a vegan (or at least vegetarian) diet. I did tons of cardio throughout high school (mainly jogging for several miles per day) and have been quite skinny for my entire life. One year ago, I decided to hang up my running shoes for awhile to focus on gaining muscle. I began weight training last September as well as go on my first strict diet. It took awhile to get used to the large quantities of food I'd consume on a daily basis, but have stayed on track for the most part. In one year (10 months of weightlifting, 2 months of being sick/no access to a gym), I've gone from 135lbs to 155. Personally, I think I can do better and gain more muscle, but I'd like to try a purely vegetarian diet and see how I progress.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Hey y'all

#2 Postby C.O. » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am

Welcome, sounds like this forum is the perfect place for you. How has your progress gone so far? Sticking with veganism or vegetarian diet? Starting a fitness journal can be helpful. Don't get discouraged if you start slow. People often lose a little at first when they give up animal products. The weight will come back if you keep working at it and progress will continue.

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”