Hello from Toronto!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

rovolution
Rabbit

Hello from Toronto!

#1 Postby rovolution » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey Everyone!

I recently came across this site and forum at the Toronto Vegetarian Association's Food Fair. I have take an interest in bulking up and building muscle and finding this site was perfect!

I've been a vegetarian my entire life, but have started to make the transition to vegan (I became lactose intolerant). I'll still have lactose free milk in my Starbucks, but am working on the full transition.

I look forward to sharing my progress and also learning some great nutrition tips (which I'm in dire need of!).

Cheers!

Bonn1997
Rabbit

Re: Hello from Toronto!

#2 Postby Bonn1997 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:59 am

Welcome; this is a great website. You know that Starbucks has soy milk, right? I generally try to avoid soy but I doubt the very small amount you'd have in a coffee would make a difference.

ForwardConcern
Rabbit

Hello from Toronto!

#3 Postby ForwardConcern » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 am

If you live in Toronto skip the starbucks and hit up one of our many great independent coffee shops. Jet Fuel, Manic, Moonbean, Ideal, Ezras, Cafe Pamenar. Just look around for them or a place near you there are tons and they are all better, most have Soy or Almond milk. Works just fine in coffee. Some even have veggie/vegan meals and treats!

Get into it!
- Think Forward, Be Concerned!

Return to “Introductions”