Thinking of competing

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Thinking of competing

#1 Postby jennyfromthegym » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:09 am

Hi everyone! I have been vegan for about a year and a half after watching "Earthlings" and I have never felt better. I work in the fitness industry in Australia (I am a personal trainer and gym manager) and I am thinking of entering my first figure competition next year. Trouble is all the personal trainers and other competitors I talk to are all meat eaters and can give me no advice about following a vegan diet for competing. I ordered Roberts book and it arrived today. I was a little concerned that the programs in there seemed a little high in calories (the lowest was 3,500) and I thought that seemed a bit high for a female trying to get lean. Is there anyone out there..including you Robert :-) who can give me any advice on writing myself a fat loss nutrition program for female fat loss?

Any help will be mucho appreciated :-)

Re: Thinking of competing

#2 Postby emma1488 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 am

Nice to meet you Jenny! I'm from Australia too! Great to see a vegan personal trainer :)

Return to “Introductions”