Discouraged by "Big Name" training organization

vizslavegan

I recently contacted a well known training organization for women's figure/bikini competitions and was turned down as a client because of my vegan diet. She said, "Just re-read your email and unfortunately with the vegan thing it won't work. It really isn't possible to create the round, full muscle bellies you see on our girls on a vegan diet."

Any thoughts? Is it just a lack of expertise? I honestly don't know many vegans, and certainly don't know any body building vegans personally, so I just was wondering about this statement. Especially the "round, full muscle bellies" part. Trying not to get discouraged, but it's pretty much like someone saying, "hey, you're never going to make it" and I refuse to believe it.

Thanks!

Crystal

Crystal,

I am a vegan fitness and figure competitor. In fact I am competing this week in Denver. I am quite muscular. And in fact have to work to bring down my muscle size. You will not have any issues for figure/bikini due to your vegan diet. You just are asking the wrong people. I believe that Cathy Savage Fitness works with vegans. You can find her on Facebook or through her website. Let me know if you need more help. I tried to attach a photo, if it worked, you can see vegans can do figure and have that muscle.

Hi Crystal,

It is frustrating hearing that. I've been hearing that for 10 years. We continue to go up against that time and time again, and with some success too. I've won multiple competitions, so have other vegan competitors.

Here are some vegan athletes, for example:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bios

Keep after it!

All the very best,

Robert