Howdy from Texas

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

hellguy
Rabbit

Howdy from Texas

#1 Postby hellguy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi y'all. My name is John and I am a Texan. Well, not so much as I used to be. I was old school. Ex military. I worked out the old fashioned way by using meat as a primary protein. Not anymore.

I've been out of weight lifting for a while but my young son(13) is wanting to give it a go so I am back. It's a great father and son thing.

Last Christmas my wife and I started weight watchers. After dropping 30 pounds and hitting my plateau I started wanting more. With an open mind I watched a few documentaries and soon toyed with the idea of a vegetarian lifestyle. My son and I went veggie about a month ago and I feel great. One of the up sides to this is that a skin problem of 16 years went away almost overnight. I am hooked. I still like dairyand use some of it to supplement my diet. But the fact that an undiagnosed and seemingly incurable foot problem is gone is enough to convince me.

Now I hope to learn as much as I can and get back into top form from my Army days. I plan to take full advantage of the knowledge to be found here and become the best I can be.

robert
Site Admin

Re: Howdy from Texas

#2 Postby robert » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Welcome John!

Texas is a cool place. I'm thinking of moving there in January.

Thanks for joining our community!

All the best!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

hellguy
Rabbit

#3 Postby hellguy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Not sure how "cool" it is but come on over. It's s big place so there is plenty of room.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 pm

It is a big place indeed but I'm looking forward to being in Austin for a bit. If all goes well, I'll be there in about 2 and a half months.

How are things going?

Hope all is great!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

hellguy
Rabbit

#5 Postby hellguy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 am

Honestly? Getting up at 330 to workout is rough. I know it will be well worth it though. This forum is really helping motivate me. Plus, I can finally ask questions to things I did not know and had no one to ask. Love this site!

Sent from my DROID X2

Return to “Introductions”