Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi All
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 pm 
Finch

Hi everyone, new user here. Have enjoyed reading all your stories, tips etc. My name is Peter, I've been vegan for a bit over a year. I've run a couple half marathons and a full marathon as a vegan. Now I'd like to put running on the back burner for a while and gain some muscle mass. I'm almost done reading vegan body building and fitness and I'm trying to make a meal plan and training plan. I don't foresee any problems with the diet part, I'm a decent enough cook. However I'm a novice when it comes to the machines at the gym and the best exercises to do with the free weights. The book has definitely help me learn some new exercises, but want to make sure I do them correctly. Do you all recommend getting a few personal training sessions to make sure I do things right? I'm in San Diego, so if there are any other San Diegans here I'd be interested in finding a workout buddy.

thanks,
Peter

Post subject: Re: Hi All
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:34 am 
Gorilla

Hey & welcome. My advice personally would be to build a program a round the 3 big movements. Squat, bench press & the main one dead lift.

I switched from long distance running to bodybuilding & the key is loose the runners mentality.
Just because your not pounding away for two hrs doesn't mean your not working hard.

To start keep it simple, a back day could be a dead lift, chins & a row. Don't over complicate things.

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Peter!

Thanks so much for reading my book. All the best with your training. Compound lifts, a lot of good food, supported by an incredible desire to achieve will lead to exactly that.

Go get it!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:19 pm 
Rabbit

hello Peter,

welcome to the family...

hope you can visit also my site...