Hello from Maryland

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

DAEnergizer
Finch

Hello from Maryland

#1 Postby DAEnergizer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:27 am

Hello all...

I've been weight lifting on and off since about 2007. I am a very petite woman at just 5'2 and weigh anywhere between 110lb-118lb. My weight fluctuates depending on training. I'm a natural athlete and have always loved sports. I picked up weight lifting while deployed in the Middle East. During that time, I was still eating meat and bulked up quite a bit but the look was very "unhealthy."

I changed my diet after getting food poisoning while deployed to the Middle East. I have been a vegetarian for over 2 years and am transitioning to full vegan which will happen by January 2012.

I hope one day to compete but right now, I'm just admiring how the body physique changes when I actively lift weights. Since I'm a "hard gainer" per se, I've always worked on bulking up. I have realized how quick I lose muscle by being non-consistent at the gym but am eagerly working on that.

That's it for me! :D :wink:

robert
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Maryland

#2 Postby robert » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Welcome to the team!

We have a number of forum members in Maryland. In fact, on a recent visit to Baltimore about 10 of us from this community met up for dinner.

All the best and again, welcome to the community!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

DAEnergizer
Finch

#3 Postby DAEnergizer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks! I recently bought your book and started a workout based off a sample workout in the book. I'm going to see where it gets me. I'm excited!

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Oh cool!

Thank you so much!

Enjoy this community. We have a lot of awesome people here!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

awaken375
Manatee

#5 Postby awaken375 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

hello from virginia! :)

welcome to the forum.
facebook.com/awaken375

Return to “Introductions”