Raw Food Vegan TV show host from Michigan

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#1 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi and welcome to the boards! :) I am not raw, but I am a vegan. Nice to meet you!
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#2 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:01 pm

Thanks! :) I have not yet thought about going raw. I am actually wuite new to veganism. I read the book "Fast Food Nation" to try to talk myself out of eating at work. (I work at McDonald's as an assistant manager.) The book ended up convincing me to go vegan, though it was something I was considering anyway. The book was just the extra push I needed.

I was checking out your website and I see you graduated from GA Tech. I lived in Georgia until 2004, when I moved to Fargo, ND. Very cool!

I've never heard of a mucoid plaque before. I was checing out the links on your site. Very intersting pictures. I can't believe all that was inside a person.
Courtney

-Linda McCartney

Last of the Sane
Manatee

#3 Postby Last of the Sane » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Hey Bryant, Welcome to the forum!

Sacco
Integrity defines strength.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:27 pm

Welcome Bryant!

Great to see you over here. I hope you meet lots of great vegan friends. We have people from all over so hopefully you'll even find a few forum members who live close by.

Thanks for joining our group. Welcome aboard!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

SeaSiren
Elephant

#5 Postby SeaSiren » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:05 pm

Welcome! :)

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#6 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Oh, I most certainly would love to read McMatrix if you are able to find it. :) That would be cool.

I might have to look into that whole colon cleansing deal. From what I've read about it, it does sound beneficial. Where would I even look for something like that though?

I have not yet developed the Fargo accent (thank goodness). *LOL* People here still hear me talk and know that I am from the south, although they can't pinpoint which state. But they definitely know I am from there. :)

My cat, Dragon keeps trying to walk on the keyboard so I assume he's trying to say hi too. :)

Talk to you later!
Courtney

-Linda McCartney

CrispyQ
Gorilla

#7 Postby CrispyQ » Mon May 01, 2006 5:28 pm

Welcome to VBB, Bryant!

I did a colon cleanse once & was amazed at the stuff I expelled. What was most surprising was how fantastic my skin looked & felt afterward, & I have nice skin to begin with. And my hair was sooooooo soft! It was quite an experience - one that I would like to try again, but preferably not while working. :wink: I mostly followed Bernard Jensen's cleanse.

What has your experience been & what did you do? Did you do any bentonite shakes? Those were the hardest for me to deal with!

8)
Slavery is the fiction that people are objects; corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people. www.http://reclaimdemocracy.org/personhood/

Crash
Elephant

#8 Postby Crash » Wed May 03, 2006 10:38 am

Welcome ! :D
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

flanders77
Elephant

#9 Postby flanders77 » Thu May 04, 2006 2:47 am

Welcome aboard! :D
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

exciton
Rabbit

#10 Postby exciton » Thu May 04, 2006 4:19 am

Welcome Bryant!

lisa_pe
Rabbit

#11 Postby lisa_pe » Thu May 04, 2006 10:03 am

Hi Bryant,
I have been a vegan for years and have started my raw food journey with in the last month. This is my second time trying it and this time it is working out a lot better. I am feeling better and hope to lose some unwanted weight!

I have a question regarding the colon cleanse. Does it make you bloated or give you gas. Also, should you do it when you don't have to go to work and you can spend time at home?? I did a cleanse a couple of months ago and it was awful, I stopped in the middle from the discomfort in my belly. I also had a colonic about three weeks ago and will try to have another hopefully this week.

Welcome to the site,
Lisa

Return to “Introductions”