Protein Drinks

Patrick

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Forum. My name is Patrick and am currently living in Europe. Maybe someone could help me out with something: After training what type of protein drink do you weight lifters take? I normally took isolated, cold filtered Whey protein, but am curious if there is a good vegetarian substitute that one could possibly order from the United States. The Protein supplements in Germany are not very good, and are riddled with saccharin and aspartame.

Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Take Care--Patrick

Hi Patrick,

My name is William, and I do not take any sort of protein drink before or after my workout. I may very well be alone in the belief that it is a complete waste of time to consume these.

I used to be heavily into supplements ($200 - $300 per month) and to be completely honest, I noticed no difference in muscle growth, with or without extra protein consumption

Edited by Raw Ambition

Welcome Patrick,

Great to see you here. Another member over in Germany You will have good company here since we have many members living there.

I've used a bunch of protein powders in the past, soy, rice, recenty pea protein, but I currently use Hemp protein from my protein drinks.

As many people on here know, I use Vega (www.myvega.com). Check it out if you like. As fas as I know, hemp is the most superior of all plant proteins. Spirulina might have an argument, but that would be about it. Hemp is pretty much as good as it gets for plant-based protein (and protein in general when you consider overall health and environmental factors) and is the most sustainably grown too.

Check it out and see if it works for you.

www.myvega.com

All the best, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for all your responses. Thsi is a terrific forum. Robert mentioned Hemp protein. Does anybody know what company and under what name a hemp protein is sold. I know of a very good nutrition store in Coral Springs, Florida. Tunies Nutrition tunies.com (has solid proces) but do not think they sell Hemp protein drinks. Check it out.

Take Care--Patrick

Welcome Patrick!

I'm not obsessive about protein powders, but I throw in a few soy/pea protein drinks during the day. Pea protein isolate has a strong natural off-flavour, and hence I tend to prefer the more neutral soy.

Cheers,

Niels