New Here and just switching from vegetarian to vegan-

joelbct

Awesome JB,

Welcome to the group! Great to have you here.

Check out the recipes section as well as the nutrition section on the main www.veganbodybuilding.com site to see what kinds of foods we like to focus on.

Also, feel free to explore the forum and ask questions in the nutrition section or any other section anytime!

Please tell us a bit more about yourself when you get a chance.

Welcome aboard!

Hey JB,

just do it. At first it may seem tough. If you can't do it at once, I'd recommend cutting dairy out first. Then as your body adjusts to it, slowly ween eggs from your diet. I am not yet a 100% vegan. I still eat fish, particularly salmon. Set yourself a short-term goal, say avoid dairy for three weeks, and observe how your body copes with the adjustment. I am certain you'll be okay. Then approach eggs in the same fashion. Some people go cold-turkey, for others though this may not be ideal. Every body is different. I believe if you set short-term goals for yourself, the longer-term goals will be more easily reached.

Hope this helps.

Take Care--Patrick

Awesome JB,

Please tell us a bit more about yourself when you get a chance.

I am 22, living in New Haven, Connecticut, working and going back to school this Fall. I grew up in the NY metro area, and have lived in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Long Island, CT, Indiana, and Minneapolis. I was an athlete in high school, not a superstar, but I had my moments, played soccer and track. After going through some tribulations myself, I suppose I became a bit sensitive to the sufferings of animals, and began attempting vegetarianism a few years ago. I have been starting to work out again the past few months, which feels great, just jogging and some basic free weights and calisthenics, so you all are definitely inspirational in proving you can be a vegetarian or vegan and still get ripped.

Interestingly, after staying with a relative on a Farm in the midwest for a few months, I subconsciously started eating more tofu and less meat- The cows seem friendly, but more than a bit suspicious when you look them in the eyes, what can I say- this may have been the start of the vegetarianism for me. I am a supporter of Farm Sanctuary and PETA as well.

OK, thats all for now-

Joel