Hi - new vegan

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Hi - new vegan

#1 Postby tbuck79 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:15 pm

My name is TJ. I'm currently coverting to a vegan life style. I'm 30, 5'11", 190 lbs. I'm looking to maintain my current weight and hope to add some muscle size over the next months - years.

I generally perform cardio 2-3 days per weeks (15-20 minutes each session only) and weight train 3-4 days per week. Sometimes more or less for both. I weight train in my garage - compound movements, few iso sets.

Any recommendations on breakfast meals, shakes, snacks, lunchs.

Currently eating oats, nuts, rice, legumes, vegs, fruits, whole grain bread, almond milk and tofu (sparingly - not sure how I feel about soy products but I'm open to input and opinions).

Thanks for taking a look at my post.

Re: Hi - new vegan

#2 Postby viciousvixenx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey TJ! I'm a new vegan too and I one staple I have found to add to my diet is seeds. They taste great, the are full of protein and healthy fats and there is such a wide variety! Pumpkin seeds and flax seed are my favorites.

#3 Postby tbuck79 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

Hi viciousvixenx,

Thanks for the tip. I do enjoy pumpkin seeds.

Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi TJ,

Welcome to the vegan lifestyle! How are things going?

Hope all is great!

Welcome to our community!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

#5 Postby kareno » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 am

Hi TJ!

Welcome to the VBB forum, and I wish you the very best in your new vegan life! It's wonderful - definitely one of the very best decisions I've ever made. :)

Happy New Year, and best of luck on your goals!

Return to “Introductions”